We produce a number of publications to help keep residents informed, including the Annual Report, City Views (accompanying tax notices), Community Trends Report and the Year in review. Check them out below.
The 2016 Annual Report: Connected, showcasing City services, programs, projects, accomplishments and finances, was received by City Council along with the Statement of Financial Information Report on June 26.
For a more multi-media experience, check out each of the six short section videos (also featured in the report):
- A well-run City, featuring Brian Abrey, Infrastructure Systems Manager, discussing the importance of technology and the City's dark fibre network
- An active, inclusive city, featuring Amy Fedoriw, Kelowna resident, Strong Neighbourhood participant & walking class instructor, discussing how City programs provide opportunities for a wide variety of people to get active and feel part of the community
- A safe city, featuring RCMP Superintendent Brent Mundle, discussing the Crime Reduction Strategy and the benefits of the new Police Services building
- A strong economy, featuring Tom Dyas, President of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, discussing how connecting groups in the city and throughout the Okanagan benefits local business and municipalities
- A clean healthy environment, featuring Wayne Wilson, Executive Director of the Central Okanagan Land Trust, discussing the Mission Creek Restoration Initiative
- Resilient, well-managed infrastructure, featuring Nijah Fudge, Regional Director for the Alliance for Innovation, a speaker for Imagine Kelowna, discussing how the City shapes and plans for the current and future needs of our growing community
If you are unable to access the report online, please contact us at 250-469-8542 to request a printed copy.
Want to know when the next Annual Report is available to view online?
2017 Financial Health Indicators
The Financial Health Indicators for 2017 were presented to the Audit Committee on April 23, 2018.
- Building on momentum - 2015 Annual Report (PDF version)
- We're open - 2014 Annual Report ( printable version )
- 120,000 stories. One community. - 2013 Annual Report
*these documents contain dated information and are for historical reference only.
Our print newsletter is published each May and distributed to residents with property tax notices . It discusses where City funding comes from, how tax dollars are spent, City projects and services. View the current May 2017 newsletter.
City Views e-bulletin
An online edition, the City Views e-bulletin, is published seasonally.
- Feburary 2018 e-bulletin
- November 2017 e-bulletin
- September 2017 e-bulletin
- February 2017 e-bulletin
- November 2016 e-bulletin
- August 2016 e-bulletin
- February 2016 e-bulletin
Community Trends Report
The Community Trends Report examines the current trends from four key areas: our people, our homes, our economy and our environment. Examining demographic and social data, the trends depicted in this report illustrate Kelowna's successes, as well as existing and future challenges facing the city. By monitoring these trends, the we will be well positioned in future years to proactively address emerging issues and dedicate its human, financial and technological resources to key programs, policy initiatives and services.
- 2017 Community Trends Report
- 2016 Community Trends Report
- 2015 Community Trends Report
- 2014 Community Trends Report
Highlights/year in review
Our accomplishments in 2015 contributed to building the best mid-sized city in North America by growing technological capacity, expanding active living options for residents and increasing access to the natural beauty that Kelowna is famous for.