The Citizen Survey is conducted to determine how satisfied the public is with municipal programs and services, and to learn what citizens’ service priorities are. Responses are weighted by age, gender and city-wide distribution to accurately reflect Kelowna’s population. Results are benchmarked against other local governments. Insights gained by this research help us make important decisions regarding planning, budgeting and service improvements.
2022 Citizen Survey results
The latest Citizen Survey reports that:
- 90% of citizens have a good quality of life
- 80% of citizens are satisfied with the overall level and quality of City services
- 80% of citizens agree that the City is inclusive and accepting of all
- 81% of citizens feel safe in the community
- 81% of citizens were satisfied with the customer service they received from the City
- 75% of citizens believe they receive good value for their tax dollars
Important issues for citizens include addressing social issues such as homelessness (57%), transportation (23%) and crime (12%).
Areas of strength amongst City services include drinking water quality for City Water Utility customers, fire and police services, bike lanes, pedestrian sidewalks, parks and sports fields and community cleanliness.
Areas of improvement identified are road maintenance and snow removal, traffic flow management, city growth management, addressing climate change and public transit.