Get involved: engagement opportunities
If you are interested in being part of our ongoing public engagement, check out our online engagement site - a place where you can learn about the most recent projects and initiatives open for public input, or find results of feedback and next steps.
The City has to balance the needs of everyone in our decision making. That’s why we regularly engage our communities for feedback and ideas on everything from our community vision to park design.
Some of our engagement activities include surveys, focus groups, online discussion forums, information sessions and virtual panels. Each Get Involved engagement has a knowledgeable project team member connected to it who will answer questions and is committed to involving the public in the project.
Most of our engagement will continue to happen through Get Involved, due to public health orders and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The City will continue engage and communicate directly with communities and we will look for ways to offer in-person information and resources at City facilities that help us connect with residents who are not online.
If you register as a user on Get Involved you will receive notices about new engagement opportunities and updates on active ones. You can still engage without registering, however the City uses registrations to help ensure we are staying connected to those who take the time to engage in City projects and decision-making.
Other opportunities to get involved
- Check out our volunteer opportunities
- Attend a Council meeting or public hearing, submit written input or email Mayor & Council, or join a Council Committee
- Be a good steward and Adopt-a-Stream, paint a Yellow Fish Road, or donate/volunteer and become a Partner in Parks
- Help a neighbour and become a Snow Angel or plant a plot in a community garden
Public Engagement News
- Last call for comments: draft 2040 Official Community Plan engagement closes March 31March 24, 2021Public engagement
- Have a look, have a say: final phase 2040 Official Community Plan engagement is live!January 26, 2021Public engagement