Corporate Community of the Year Award
2020 Corporate Community Award Recipient
Peter's Your Independent Grocer
Peter’s Your Independent Grocer is a business that cares about people, both employees and customers. In 2020, their role was crucial as grocery stores became an essential service. They organized specific shopping hours for elderly and vulnerable shoppers, ensured staff were available for translation services, arranged delivery service to local farms and so much more. Peter’s Your Independent Grocer’s front-line staff all deserve recognition for providing exceptional service in the face of great change and adversity.
- Awarded to a Kelowna business that has provided outstanding support for employee volunteerism in addition to financial contributions and initiatives having had a direct benefit on residents in Kelowna.
- Selections are based on the business' volunteer support and/or financial contributions for the year 2021.
- Past information and history of community involvement may be included, but should primarily be regarding the current award year.
Nominations for the 47th annual Civic & Community Awards will open in fall 2021.
- 2019 - Avalon Event Rentals
- 2018 - Secure-Rite Mobile Storage Inc. (Small Business)
- 2018 - Raymond James - Kelowna Corporate Branch (Medium to Large Business)
- 2017 - Scotia McLeod/Scotia Wealth Management (Small Business)
- 2017 - Crowe MacKay LLP (Medium to Large Business)
- 2016 - Third Space (Small to Medium Business)
- 2016 - Costco Whole - Kelowna (Large Business)
- 2015 - Boyd Autobody & Glass (Small to Medium Business)
- 2015 - Valley First (Large Business)
- 2014 - Wentworth Music (Small to Medium Business)
- 2014 - Save on Foods (Large Business)
- 2013 - Mavazi Apparel (Small to Medium Business)
- 2013 - Cooper's Foods Rutland Store (Large Business)
- 2012 - Loyal Hair Therapy (Small to Medium Business)
- 2012 - Interior Savings Credit Union (Large Business)
- 2011 - The Women's Place Fitness Centre (Small to Medium Business)
- 2011 - BMO Bank of Montreal (Large Business)
- 2010 - Prospera Credit Union, Kelowna
- 2009 - MacKay Chartered Accountants
- 2008 - Telus
- 2007 - Scotiabank Group
- 2006 - Pushor Mitchell, LLP
Award sponsored by: