Corporate Community of the Year Award
2022 Corporate Community of the Year Award Recipient
Interior Savings Credit Union
Interior Savings Credit Union keeps local money working local by investing 3% of earnings in community programs. In 2022, they supported multiple Kelowna non-profits through donations and grants, gave bursaries to students, supported social enterprises, and donated time through their employee volunteer program. Committed to uplifting local students, they created the Interior Savings Million Dollar Bursary Program which awards up to one thousand $1000 bursaries to members pursuing post-secondary education.
- Awarded to a Kelowna business that has provided outstanding support for employee volunteerism in addition to financial contributions and initiatives having had a direct benefit on residents in Kelowna.
- Selections are based on the business' volunteer support and/or financial contributions for the year 2022.
- Past information and history of community involvement may be included, but should primarily be regarding the current award year.
Check back in fall 2023 for information about the 49th annual awards nomination period.
Past Recipients of the Award
- 2021 - Kelowna Toyota
- 2020 - Peter's Your Independent Grocer
- 2019 - Avalon Event Rentals
- 2018 - Secure-Rite Mobile Storage Inc. (Small Business)
- 2018 - Raymond James - Kelowna Corporate Branch (Medium to Large Business)
- 2017 - Scotia McLeod/Scotia Wealth Management (Small Business)
- 2017 - Crowe MacKay LLP (Medium to Large Business)
- 2016 - Third Space (Small to Medium Business)
- 2016 - Costco Whole - Kelowna (Large Business)
- 2015 - Boyd Autobody & Glass (Small to Medium Business)
- 2015 - Valley First (Large Business)
- 2014 - Wentworth Music (Small to Medium Business)
- 2014 - Save on Foods (Large Business)
- 2013 - Mavazi Apparel (Small to Medium Business)
- 2013 - Cooper's Foods Rutland Store (Large Business)
- 2012 - Loyal Hair Therapy (Small to Medium Business)
- 2012 - Interior Savings Credit Union (Large Business)
- 2011 - The Women's Place Fitness Centre (Small to Medium Business)
- 2011 - BMO Bank of Montreal (Large Business)
- 2010 - Prospera Credit Union, Kelowna
- 2009 - MacKay Chartered Accountants
- 2008 - Telus
- 2007 - Scotiabank Group
- 2006 - Pushor Mitchell, LLP