Corporate Community of the Year Award
- Awarded to a Kelowna business that has provided outstanding support for employee volunteerism in addition to financial contributions and initiatives having had a direct benefit on residents in Kelowna.
- Selections are based on the business' volunteer support and/or financial contributions for the year 2019.
- Past information and history of community involvement may be included, but should primarily be regarding the current award year.
2019 Corporate Community Award Recipient
Avalon Event Rentals
From the Fat Cat Children’s Festival to the Okanagan Marathon, the KGH Foundation to Canadian Mental Health Association, Avalon Event Rentals provided over $100,000 in in-kind contributions in 2019, to an array of local non-profits to help them keep costs down in their fundraising efforts and community events.
Avalon Event Rentals has also handed out thousands of dollars each year in sponsorships and cash donations to a variety of organizations ranging from Kelowna Women’s Soccer to Kelowna Minor Hockey and Minor Softball Leagues, just to name a few.
In 2019, they were the Gold Table sponsors for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Starlight Gala and provided a generous in-kind discount for the extravagant Las Vegas themed event.
Since 2017, Avalon’s staff have volunteered their time flipping pancakes, soaking up spilled syrup and passing out plates to the 400 or so participants in the annual Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- 2018 - Secure-Rite Mobile Storage Inc. (Small Business)
- 2018 - Raymond James - Kelowna Corporate Branch (Medium to Large Business)
- 2017 - Scotia McLeod/Scotia Wealth Management (Small Business)
- 2017 - Crowe MacKay LLP (Medium to Large Business)
- 2016 - Third Space (Small to Medium Business)
- 2016 - Costco Whole - Kelowna (Large Business)
- 2015 - Boyd Autobody & Glass (Small to Medium Business)
- 2015 - Valley First (Large Business)
- 2014 - Wentworth Music (Small to Medium Business)
- 2014 - Save on Foods (Large Business)
- 2013 - Mavazi Apparel (Small to Medium Business)
- 2013 - Cooper's Foods Rutland Store (Large Business)
- 2012 - Loyal Hair Therapy (Small to Medium Business)
- 2012 - Interior Savings Credit Union (Large Business)
- 2011 - The Women's Place Fitness Centre (Small to Medium Business)
- 2011 - BMO Bank of Montreal (Large Business)
- 2010 - Prospera Credit Union, Kelowna
- 2009 - MacKay Chartered Accountants
- 2008 - Telus
- 2007 - Scotiabank Group
- 2006 - Pushor Mitchell, LLP
Award sponsored by: