Official contest rules - Meet Me on Bernard Parklet Contest
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the City of Kelowna, not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Eligibility: This contest is open to all residents of Kelowna.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the City of Kelowna as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, August 23 and ending Sunday, September 5 at 11:59 p.m.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by posting a photo or video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram of you and/or family and friends enjoying any of the Meet Me on Bernard Parklets using the hashtag #ParkletsOnBernard and tagging the City of Kelowna (@cityofkelowna). The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the City of Kelowna.
- City staff are welcome to participate in the contest.
- Prize: Meet me on Bernard tote bag full of swim passes for Parkinson Recreation Centre, water bottle and an assortment of other City of Kelowna swag. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the City of Kelowna. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Two winners will be randomly selected under the supervision of the City of Kelowna. Each winning submission will be notified through the platform they posted on within 24 hours following selection of contest closing. The City of Kelowna shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within two weeks from being contacted, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
- Publicity: By participating, each contestant grants the City of Kelowna permission to use his/her name and photo entry for publicity purposes.