Official contest rules - Snow blower naming contest
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the City of Kelowna, not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Eligibility: This contest is open to all residents of Kelowna.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the City of Kelowna as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Campaign Period: Snow blower name suggestions will be accepted online starting on Monday, November 28,2022 and ending Friday, December 23, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. The top 10 submissions will be selected by City of Kelowna employees and posted online for a public vote. Voting will begin on Monday, January 23, 2023 and end on Friday, February 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by completing the online submission form. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the City of Kelowna.
- City staff are welcome to participate in the contest.
- Prize: The person who submits the winning snow blower name will receive a Snow Angels prize package, and a photo shoot with and demonstration of the City’s new snowblower. The location for the photo shoot and demonstration will be determined by the contest winner and City of Kelowna employees.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The top ten submissions will be selected by City of Kelowna employees and presented to the public as a public, Microsoft Forms poll. The submission that receives the most votes will be selected as the winner. Members of the public can vote multiple times and do not need to be Kelowna residents to vote. The person with the winning submission will be notified by phone and email within one week of the end of voting. The City of Kelowna shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within two weeks from being contacted, the prize may be forfeited.
- Publicity: By participating, each contestant grants the City of Kelowna permission to use his/her name and photo for publicity purposes.