Central Okanagan Foundation Volunteer Organization of the Year Award
2020 Central Okanagan Foundation's Volunteer Organization of the Year Recipient
Central Okanagan Region Nutrition Society - Meals on Wheels
The Central Okanagan Region Nutrition Society’s Meals on Wheels program safely delivers nutritious, affordable and flavourful meals to seniors and other homebound community members. This program became especially important in 2020 with demand increasing over 70%, as the COVID-19 pandemic kept even more residents at home. The Nutrition Society’s volunteers went above and beyond meeting this demand, ensuring clients were safe and providing assistance outside their scope of work to ensure our community members were looked after during an especially challenging year.
- Awarded to a volunteer organization that has provided outstanding community services, with direct benefits to the city of Kelowna.
- Services may be related to the environment, health and social services; arts and culture; recreation; education; or neighbourhood/community improvements.
- Selections are based on the organizations achievements and contributions for the year 2021.
- Past information may be included, but should primarily be regarding the current award year.
Nominations for the 47th annual Civic & Community Awards will open in fall 2021.
- 2019 - Project Literacy Central Okanagan Society
- 2018 - Helping Out People Exploited (HOPE) Outreach
- 2017 - Central Okanagan Search & Rescue
- 2016 - Kelowna Gospel Mission
- 2015 - Hands in Service
- 2014 - United Way of the Central & South Okanagan Similkameen
- 2013 - Freedom's Door
- 2012 - Karis Support Society
- 2011 - NOW Canada Society
- 2010 - Canadian Mental Health Association
- 2009 - Rotary Clubs of Kelowna
- 2008 - Kelowna Salvation Army
- 2007 - Central Okanagan Hospice Association
- 2006 - Rotary Club of Kelowna
- 2005 - Central Okanagan Bursary & Scholarship Society
- 2004 - C.O.R.N.S./Meals on Wheels
- 2003 - Emergency Social Services
- 2002 - Sunshine Dream for Kids
- 2001 - Kelowna Community Resources Crisis Line
- 2000 - Kelowna General Hospital Volunteers
- 1999 - Kelowna Hostesses
Award sponsored by: