Find out how you can get involved with City-led projects, policy development, customer service improvements or development in your neighbourhood.
Be Heard. Get Involved. Take Action.
Since May 2016 we've been asking residents to create a new community vision. What kind of community do we aspire to be? What are our core values? How can Kelowna adapt to the future? Citizens of all ages are encouraged share their vision of Kelowna and help create a thriving community for current and future generations. Visit Imagine Kelowna to join the largest city-wide conversation in history!
During the planning stage, we seek input on upcoming park, transportation, utility and community projects through open houses, workshops, surveys, online tools and social media. For a listing of current projects, see Projects.
Register at Get Involved to join the conversation online on timely projects and initiatives.
Contact Mayor & Council
Forward correspondence directly to Mayor and Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participate at a public hearing
Public hearings are held every second Tuesday to invite public input on specific bylaws being considered by Council. These include property development zoning changes. Attend a public hearing and provide an opinion on the specific topic under discussion.
Submit written input
Unable to attend a public hearing? Submit your thoughts about a particular public hearing/public input item in writing.
Join a council committee
We have a number of different Council Committees which provide recommendations to council on a wide range of programs, policies and services. Talk to a committee member about your concerns or become a committee member by applying online or contact the Office of the City Clerk at email@example.com .
Getting involved can help make change for the better in our community. There are many different ways that residents can get involved in the City.
Be a good steward
Take action in your neighbourhood
- Join your local Residents Associations
- Help a neighbour, be a Snow Buster
- Plant a plot in a community garden
- Follow the Yellow Fish Road
Also see our volunteer opportunities.
Public Engagement News
- Next steps in Hospital Area PlanOctober 18, 2016Public engagement
- Small changes make big strides towards a community for all agesOctober 17, 2016Public engagement
- Sound off, sign off on signageOctober 14, 2016Public engagement
- Five ways you can get involved in your communityAugust 11, 2016Public engagement
- Special blog series imagines KelownaJuly 5, 2016Public engagement
- 1 of 6
- next ›