Council committees are created under the Community Charter and provide an opportunity for members of the public to work collaboratively and provide advice on matters referred to them by Council through their Terms of Reference.
Members of the public interested in joining one of the advisory committees may complete the application form. Vacancies are advertised through traditional and social media, with most vacancies occurring at the beginning of the Council term.
Click on a committee name below to learn more and view information on upcoming and previous meetings.
- Audit Committee: members are appointed by the Mayor to review the City’s financial statements prior to their submission to City Council and provide oversight to the collective bargaining and management exempt policy processes.
- Board of Variance: an independent body that hears appeals for relaxation of zoning regulations, extension of non-conforming uses, relaxation of servicing requirements, reconstruction of non-conforming uses and relaxation of tree protection requirements
- Civic and Community Awards Steering Committee: an advisory committee that oversees our annual awards program to recognize outstanding contributions and achievements in our city
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel: established pursuant to s. 204 of the Community Charter. It was formerly known as the Court of Revision. The Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel must meet before a parcel tax is imposed for the first time.
2018 - 2022 Council Committees
- Agricultural Advisory Committee: advises Council on agricultural land use, issues important to the agri-business community and economic development matters with respect to agriculture, and acts as a liaison between Council and the agricultural community.
- Airport Advisory Committee: reviews, reports and advises Council on matters concerning the long-term development of the Kelowna International Airport
- Heritage Advisory Committee: advises Council and the Divisional Director of Community Planning & Real Estate on matters related to heritage protection and conservation. The primary objective of the Committee is to advise Council on heritage-related development applications.