Council committees are created under the Community Charter and provide an opportunity for members of the public to work collaboratively and provide advice on matters referred to them by Council through their Terms of Reference.
We are accepting applications for the Agricultural Advisory Committee until December 13, 2023. If you are interested in becoming a Committee member and meet the qualifications in the Terms of Reference, please submit the application form for consideration.
Committee vacancies are advertised through traditional and social media, with most vacancies occurring near the beginning of the Council term. Membership to other committees is appointed in accordance with their Terms of Reference and the Community Charter.
Click on a committee name below to learn more and view information on upcoming and previous meetings.
- Accessibility Advisory Committee: assist the City of Kelowna in identifying and advise the City on how to remove and prevent barriers to people in Kelowna.
- Agricultural Advisory Committee: advises Council on issues important to the agricultural and agri-business community.
- Airport Advisory Committee: reviews, reports and advises Council on matters concerning the long-term development of the Kelowna International Airport.
- Audit Committee: members are appointed by the Mayor to review the City’s financial statements prior to their submission to City Council and provide oversight to the collective bargaining and management exempt policy processes.
- Board of Variance: an independent body that hears appeals for relaxation of zoning regulations, extension of non-conforming uses, relaxation of servicing requirements, reconstruction of non-conforming uses and relaxation of tree protection requirements.
- Civic and Community Awards Steering Committee: an advisory committee that oversees our annual awards program to recognize outstanding contributions and achievements in our city.
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel: established pursuant to s. 204 of the Community Charter. It was formerly known as the Court of Revision. The Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel must meet before a parcel tax is imposed for the first time.
- Community Task Force on the Performing Arts: provides recommendations to Council on community-driven partnership opportunities to advance the redevelopment of the Kelowna Community Theatre.
- Mayor's Task Force on Crime Reduction: an advisory task force that will provide recommendations to Council on community-driven initiatives to reduce crime in Kelowna.