Civic Precinct Plan
The Civic Precinct Plan will guide the long-term redevelopment of key site in the area and determines key public investment priorities in the Downtown. The Plan was endorsed by Council in March 2016.
The Plan will help this area of Downtown continue to grow into a destination to live, work, shop, learn and play. The plan identifies key sites for future mixed-use development (RMCP site on Doyle Avenue, Interior Health site on Ellis) and protects sites (Kelowna Community Theatre, City Hall Parking Lot, Memorial) for future civic uses to support a dynamic Cultural District.
The Plan establishes the City’s goals for the redevelopment of sites such as the RCMP site on Doyle Avenue by defining the future land uses, design guidelines, public space enhancements and partnership opportunities that will position the study area to become a vibrant mixed-use district over the next 25 years.
Community Engagement Process
From April 2015 to March 2016 a broad cross-section of the community was engaged through face-to-face meetings, community workshops, drop-in sessions and online tools to understand the community’s values and shape the final Plan.
The next step for implementation of the Plan will be the redevelopment of the RMCP site on Doyle Avenue and the extension of the Art Walk as a signature public space in the area.
Reports & plans
- Civic Precinct Land Use Plan (2016)
- Civic Precinct Executive Summary (2016)
- Council Report, 2016-03-14
- Council Report, 2015-11-02
- Council Report, 2015-03-16
- Downtown Plan (2012)
- 2012 - 2017 Cultural District Plan
- Official Community Plan
- 2015-04-09 Institutional Groups
- 2015-04-15 Arts and Culture
- 2015-04-22 Business Enhancement Development
- 2015-04-27 Downtown Service Providers
- 2015-05-13 Community Workshop Report No. 1
- 2015-07-16 Community Workshop Report No. 2
- 2015-12-02 - Open House Panels - Preferred Plan