If you are interested in volunteering with Active Living & Culture, submit your volunteer application or call 250-469-8800 to set up an appointment for more information. A crimal record check is required (at no cost to you).
Opportunities with Active Living & Culture include:
- Community access assistant (CAA) - works one-on-one with a person with a disability, assisting in various activities, offering support and companionship and helping that individual learn new skills. Located at the Parkinson Recreation Centre.
- Program volunteer - will help in a variety of ways depending on the nature of the program, the talents and skills of the volunteer or the instructor’s needs.
- Special event volunteer - is asked to help with a variety of tasks, from set-up to take-down, security, helping at the event, wearing a mascot costume, directing traffic and serving food.
- Aquatic volunteer - there are a variety of opportunities in aquatics, from assisting with lessons to special events.
- Fitness Centre Monitor - monitors the activities in the fitness area, cleans equipment, greets new and prospective patrons and is available to assist when help is required. Located at the Parkinson Recreation Centre.
- Day Camp Volunteer - assists camp leaders with day-to-day operations to ensure activities (e.g. crafts, games, cooking, swimming) run smoothly.
There are opportunities to volunteer at events throughout the year. These are not City events; however, they are in Kelowna. We strive to enhance our community profile and economic development in sport and event tourism, of which volunteers are vital part.
For more information, visit the outdoor event volunteering page.
Join the nearly 200 RCMP volunteers in the Central Okanagan who contribute more than 12,000 hours each year to help to make our communities safe.
For more information, visit the RCMP volunteer opportunities page.
Our Council committees are created under the Community Charter to provide an opportunity for members of the public to work collaboratively and provide advice on matters referred to them by Council.
For more information, visit the Council committees page.