Receive election news and updates directly to your inbox.
Sign up for election e-updates
Elections are now held every four years in Kelowna. Qualified electors of the City of Kelowna will elect the following positions:
- (1) Mayor
- (8) Councillors
- (4) School Trustees
Provincial legislation governing the General Local Elections include:
- Local Election Campaign Financing Act
- Local Government Act, Part 3
- Local Government Election Regulation, BC Reg. 380/93
- Financial Disclosure Act
- Financial Disclosure Act Reg. 32/2001
Visit Elections BC for more information about the new campaign financing and election advertising rules.
City of Kelowna bylaws regulating the General Local Election include:
- Procedures for the conduct of the 2018 General Local Government Elections and other voting Bylaw No. 11565
- Procedures for the use of automated Voting Machines General Local Elections and other Voting Bylaw No. 10970
- City of Kelowna Election Sign Bylaw No. 10411
City of Kelowna requires all electors to register at the time of voting. There is no list of electors.