Bylaw offence payments

Home > City Hall > Bylaws > Bylaw services > Bylaw offence payments

There are a few ways you can pay a Bylaw Offence Notice. Payments must be received within the noted time limits to receive the discounted amount; no exceptions will be made. 

Payment methods

Pay online 

Visa or MasterCard only.

pay online

Pay by mail  

Cheque or money order only, made payable to the City of Kelowna: 

City of Kelowna – City Hall  
1435 Water Street, Kelowna, BC V1Y 1J4  

Don’t send cash in the mail. A dishonoured cheque will not be considered payment of the penalty within the prescribed time. Additional charges will apply for non-sufficient funds cheques. Postmarks aren’t accepted as date of payment. 

Pay in person 

Pay by credit or debit card, cash or cheque at City Hall (1435 Water Street) between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m, Monday to Friday. 

After-hours cheque payments can be made at the City Hall drop boxes at the Doyle Avenue lot exit and the Water Street main entrance. Don’t leave cash in drop boxes. 

Payment terms 

  •  If a Bylaw Offence Notice is paid within 14 days, a discount will apply (depending on the amount of the issued notice) 
  • If a Bylaw Offence Notice isn’t paid or disputed after 14 days and no adjudication hearing hearing has been requested and/or scheduled, the penalty will immediately become due and payable 
  • If a Bylaw Offence Notice remains unpaid after 28 days and no adjudication hearing has been requested and/or scheduled, a letter is sent out to provide a final opportunity to pay. If payment is still not received after a further 28 days, the ticket may be forwarded to our collection agent and/or court action may be taken.