Casual, seasonal & student employment opportunities
Applications for the following employment opportunities are accepted as they are posted.
Casual employment opportunities may exist in the following areas:
- Arena Stadium Attendants
- Life Guards / Instructors
- Recreation Program Assistants
- Recreation Clerks
- Recreation Technicians
- Operations Clerks
- Accounting Assistants
- Administrative Support Staff
- Theatre Crew
The City of Kelowna hires seasonal workers: applications are accepted for positions early in the calendar year. Seasonal employment is a great way to experience working with us. We are looking for applicants that best match the job specific criteria and bring previous work experience for the following positions:
- Road construction and maintenance experience, including paving and cement/masonry
- Skill and experience in the operation of some or all of the following:
- T/A Truck (Pup experience an asset)
- Front-end Loader
- Screening Plant
- Roadside mower
- Street Sweeper
- Road Marking
- Traffic Sign installation & repairs
- Class I or III Driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement
Pipefitters and Pipelayers
- Skill and experience in utility construction, maintenance and repairs
- EOCP Water Distribution or Wastewater Collection certification
- Class III Driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Horticultural, irrigation and turfgrass management experience
We are pleased to offer various opportunities that support co-op and career path students in obtaining practical work experience. Co-op students are those registered in a recognized cooperative education program in a participating post-secondary institution. A career path student is a student pursuing a course of studies that aligns with the City’s human resources needs.
To participate in the co-op program, a student must provide written verification from a participating post-secondary institution that they are currently registered and actively participating in a recognized Cooperative Education program.
To be part of a career path student opportunity, a student will be enrolled in a professional or technical stream of education. The opportunity would typically be defined as requiring more advanced skills and experience in order to enhance their field of study.
All students must be attending full-time studies prior to the work term and returning to full-time studies after the work term ends.
Student co-op and career path job opportunities will be advertised on the City’s Career Opportunities system and at various post-secondary institutions.
You must apply on-line for each job you may be interested in.
Student opportunities are posted in January each year. Summer student opportunities typically start in May and finish in August of the same year. These opportunities are a great way to gain experience and develop your skills during full time, short term employment.
Summer Student opportunities are typically found in:
- Property Management
- Urban Forestry
- Traffic Operations
Interested in applying for one of these positions? Apply with us.