New permit application
Fill out this web form to submit your new home or carriage house application. After completing the instructions on each page, click “Next Page” at the bottom to navigate to the next section. You can click “Previous Page” if you need to access an earlier page. When you reach the last page and have uploaded your documents, click “Submit” to finish your application. Building permit payments are now online. We will contact you after submission with instructions for paying permit fees.
Download the following forms and gather the applicable documents from the list below. For more information, please review the New Single Family Dwelling Checklist or the Carriage House Bulletin to ensure you meet the requirements, prior to submitting your application. Submissions of full sized paper copies of plans and roof truss packages will be accepted at City Hall, contact Development Services to make arrangements to drop them off.
- Building Permit Application Form
- Owner's Authorization Form (All property owners on title must sign this form)
- Owner's Acknowledgement Form
- Structural & Geotechnical schedules and drawings (Schedule B, D & Insurance), if applicable
- 9.36 Energy efficiency specifications (including Energy Step Code)
- State of Title, current within last 30 days, including copies of all covenants, easements and right-of-ways
- Homeowner Protection Office warranty documentation (Provide confirmation that you have applied for this build)
- Scaled architectural drawings, and site plans
- Roof truss package
- Solar panel design on roof truss layout
- Detailed cross-sections for sloped lot, if applicable
- Water letter from irrigation district, if applicable
- Septic approval, if applicable
- Developer's approval, if applicable
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com or 250-469-8960.