New permit application
Fill out this web form to submit your renovation, deck or addition application. After completing the instructions on each page, click “Next Page” at the bottom to navigate to the next section. You can click “Previous Page” if you need to access an earlier page. When you reach the last page and have uploaded your documents, click “Submit” to finish your application. Building permit payments are now online. We will contact you after submission with instructions for paying permit fees.
Download the following forms and gather the applicable documents from the list below. For information about decks, please review the Deck Bulletin to ensure you meet the requirements, prior to submitting your application. Submissions of full sized paper copies of plans and roof truss packages will be accepted at City Hall, contact Development Services to make arrangements to drop them off.
- Building Permit Application Form
- Owner's Authorization Form (All property owners on title must sign this form)
- Owner's Acknowledgement Form (for additions, decks and exterior renovations only, not required for interior renovations)
- Structural & Geotechnical schedules and drawings (Schedule B, D & Insurance), if applicable
- Scaled architectural drawings
- Site plan (for additions and exterior renovations only, not required for interior renovations)
- Roof truss package, if applicable
- State of Title, current within last 30 days, including copies of all covenants, easements and right-of-ways (for additions and decks only, not required for interior renovations)
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com or 250-469-8960.