New permit application
Fill out this web form to submit your application for a new Part 3 building. Please note, a separate application is required for each building. After completing the instructions on each page, click “Next Page” at the bottom to navigate to the next section. You can click “Previous Page” if you need to access an earlier page. When you reach the last page and have uploaded your documents, click “Submit” to finish your application. Building permit payments are now online. We will contact you after submission with instructions for paying permit fees.
Download the following forms and gather the applicable documents from the list below. For more information, please review the Complex Building Checklist to ensure you meet the requirements, prior to submitting your application. Submissions of full sized paper copies of plans and roof truss packages will be accepted at City Hall, contact Development Services to make arrangements to drop them off.
- Building Permit Application Form
- Owner's Authorization Form
- Owner's Acknowledgement Form
- Construction Fire Safety plan
- Airport Declaration Form
- State of Title, current within last 30 days, including copies of all covenants, easements and right-of-ways
- Scaled and sealed drawings. (These drawings must be the "For Construction Drawings" (architectural, landscape, structural, plumbing, mechanical, civil, electrical, etc.) If scaled plans are greater than 11x17, hard copies are required.
- Sealed copies of alternative solutions (if applicable)
- Sealed Geotechnical Reports
- All Architectural Drawings are to be sealed by an Architect registered in BC in accordance with the Architects Act.
- All Professional Engineers are to be registered in BC and Drawings and Letters are to be sealed originals.
- A detailed, sealed original Building Code Analysis
- Roof truss package
- Energy Step Code Documentation, if applicable
- Letters of "Assurance of Field Review" (Schedule A & B) from all disciplines involved (these are to be sealed originals and include the Coordinating Registered Professional, Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Civil, Electrical, Geotechnical, Fire Suppression, and any Code Consultants involved in alternative solutions. A Schedule D is also required from each professional as well as a copy of their insurance certificate).
- Water letter from irrigation district, if applicable
- Septic approval, if applicable
- Interior Health approval may be required when the building involves food, commercial or public pools and hot tubs, tattooing, spas, tanning and hair salons
- Site Disclosure Statement (Commercial and Industrial Usages Only) for more information on contaminated sites visit https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/375_96_04
- Landscape drawings and schedules
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com or 250-469-8960.