City rental properties
There are currently no rental properties available at this time.
To stay updated on new or existing City-owned rental properties, sign up for e-updates.
Rental property information
- City tenants may be required to make rental payments using the City's pre-authorized debit program
- Utilities are not included in City rental properties
- Upon signing of a rental agreement, a half month security deposit must be paid
- The City’s residential properties are only to be used as single-family dwellings
- Residential properties are governed by the Residential Tenancy Act of British Columbia and/or any other applicable legislation
- The City advertises in the local newspapers under the Houses for Rent section. The rental properties are advertised indicating the monthly rent. The City takes the highest acceptable bidder with references acceptable to the City. A minimum of two rental references are required. Other than advising of the minimum acceptable rental bid amount, the City won’t provide any direction on what other bids have been submitted.
- The City will arrange a viewing date and time for short-listed applicants. Once the successful applicant is selected and agrees to enter into a Residential Tenancy Agreement, there will be no other viewings of the premises.
- Some pets may be permitted and must be approved by the City prior to occupying the premises. A Pet Deposit will be required.
- The City does not permit subletting or home-based businesses
- The City does not keep waiting lists
- While the City thanks all applicants for their interest in rental opportunities, only the short-listed applicants will be contacted in each case
Rental property applications
*There are currently no rental properties available at this time. When there is an active listing, a posting will be published at the top of this page. You can follow the posting link to apply or get a hard copy by visiting the Real Estate Services department at City Hall:
Real Estate Services
City Hall, 4th Floor
1435 Water Street
Kelowna, BC. V1Y 1J4
Commercial & agricultural lease opportunities
We also own some property appropriate for commercial use. Commercial leasing opportunities are typically advertised publicly using our approved realtor and the Multiple Listing Service.