Recreation contract instructor opportunities
Instructors are hired to teach programs on a seasonal contract basis in various parks and facilities throughout Kelowna. Some programs include Kick and Run Soccer, T-Ball, Gymnastics, Dance, Art, Cooking, Camps and much more!
Postings for current available positions are located below.
The City of Kelowna is looking for a Part-Time After School Care Contract Instructor at Bankhead Elementary School for the City of Kelowna's Licensed After School Care program.
This position will plan and implement quality child care based on the philosophy and mandate set by the City of Kelowna and Licensing Requirements. Staff will provide guidance, supervision, and programming that creates a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for all children. This position will be responsible for independently leading a group of children in our school-aged program (K-12Y).
- Up to date First Aid/CPR certificate, with Emergency Child Care portion
- Required to complete a Criminal Record Check
- 20 hours of relevant training as a Responsible Adult - You must have completed a course or combination of courses of at least 20 hours in duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition
- Available for Thursdays & Fridays, with potential for more days and other shifts during Spring Break and Summer Camps throughout the year if interested.
- Start at the beginning of the school year - September 7th
- Ability to independently lead groups of children aged 6Y-12Y, as well as work with other City Contract Instructors.
Days: Thursday & Friday (Please inquire if looking for other days as well)
Hours: After School: 1:30-5:30pm
Location: Bankhead Elementary – Afterschool care classrooms
Wage: $18.00 per hour
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject of your email must be the job title that you are applying for.
Application closing date: Wednesday, August 18th, 2021
Please submit your resume, a list of at least three references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your resume should include:
- Contact information
- Previous and current education
- Skills and certifications
- Accomplishments and achievements
- Any relevant information to support the position you’re applying for