How to apply
View our current job opportunties or begin the application process through our online recruitment system. To apply on a posting, you will need to login or create an account.
- Apply before the closing date. Late applications are not accepted via e-mail.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for employment.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We typically contact short-listed applicants within 3 – 4 weeks of the competition closing date.
What do we look for?
- Communication/Customer Service skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Work ethics
- Drive for Personal Success
In addition to the above traits, each opportunity requires specific qualifications, skills, ability and knowledge.
Resumes & Other Documents
- Keep your resume to one or two pages.
- Ensure your contact information is up-to-date and accurate.
- List your recent jobs first and include employment dates.
- Be concise, specific and accurate.
- Include a cover letter highlighting any relevant work experience.
- If a Driver's Abstract is required, it must be no older than 30 days (these can be obtained free of charge from ICBC).
- If you do not possess a Driver's Licence you will have an opportunity to provide this information as part of you application.
- Provide copies of any relevant certifications.
- Be 15 minutes early. Pay parking is available in the Memorial Parkade (the same building as our HR offices - 1420 Ellis Street).
- Allow sufficient time for the interview.
- Bring a contact list of your three most recent supervisors to your interview.
- Be appropriately dressed. Don't use fragrances - the City is a scent-aware workplace.
- Bring your questions for us: candidates will be able to ask questions at the end of the interview.