Urban design development permits
The purpose of an Urban Design Development Permit is to:
- Provide clarity of objectives for form and character of developments (to be aesthetically appealing and sensitive to the established neighbourhood); and
- Revitalize areas to ensure they are vibrant and dynamic for residents and visitors alike.
Urban Design Development Permits are used to review the following:
- Exterior design
- Building finishes
- Sensitivity to existing buildings
- Neighbourhood context
- Building massing
- Crime prevention through environmental design
Each Development Permit Application is reviewed compared to the design guidelines that are outlined in the Official Community Plan. A Planner will evaluate the application against the guidelines and make a recommendation of support or non-support for issuance of the permit. Several design revisions may be necessary throughout the process.
- Official Community Plan Chapter 14: Urban Design DP Guidelines
- Development Applications Page
- Information on RU7
- Housing Zones Quick Reference Guide
Farm Development Permits
If you are developing on your farm or agricultural property, you may require a Farm Development Permit.
If you have questions, feel free to give us a call or send us an email and we can help 250-469-8626 or firstname.lastname@example.org.