Parkinson Recreation Centre
Get active, stay active at Parkinson Recreation Centre
As of July 29, additional regional restrictions are in place for the Central Okanagan including a requirement to wear a non-medical mask or face covering to cover the mouth and nose in indoor public spaces.
We are currently operating in accordance with Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan.
Looking for summer 2021 programs? Registration is open at kelowna.ca/recreation.
Yes - under regional restrictions to help contain COVID-19 transmission in the Central Okanagan, masks are required in all indoor public spaces in Kelowna. This including during indoor fitness activities. For indoor sports, masks are not required once on the field of play. At all other times, masks are required indoors.
Mask exemptions include:
- Those under 12 years old are recommended to wear a mask in indoor public spaces.
It is not recommended for children under 2 to wear a mask.
- If you are unable to wear a mask because of a health condition or physical or mental impairment.
- If you are unable to put on or remove a mask without help from another person.
Pre-bookings are no longer required and drop-in’s are once again available where space allows. A client account is still required, even for drop-ins, until further notice.
Those without active accounts can sign up in advance by calling 250-469-8800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions about basketball at PRC, please contact one of our clerks at 250-469-8800.
Fitness Centre Hours - Spring 2021
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
- Masks are required as of July 29, 2021 due to region-specific requirements.
- Please sanitize each piece of equipment before and after use with the sanitizer provided.
- Personal training services are available, phone 250-469-8800 for more information.
- If you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or experiencing symptoms, stay home.
To make the most of your time in the Fitness Centre, consider working with a Personal Trainer. Sessions are by appointment only. Please call 250-469-8800 to book yours today. Age: 13Y and up.
Introduction to Personal Training - $90
- 3 hours with a Certified Personal Trainer
- 1 month pass to the Parkinson Recreation Centre (includes fitness centre and pool)
- One session: $40/hr
- Five-nine sessions: $35/hr
- Ten or more sessions: $30/hr
Complete Personal Training forms below and submit to the Parkinson Recreation Centre
Monitors are certified personal fitness trainers available to assist clients with equipment or workouts. Fitness Centre Monitors are on site for equipment orientations. Call 250-469-8800 or see bulletin board in fitness centre for the daily schedule.
Please note, the fitness monitor schedule is subject to change so please call 250-469-8800 to confirm.
|Monday - Friday||6:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.|
|10 a.m.* - 2:30 p.m.|
|4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
*Thursdays are 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Fitness Centre Orientations
Fitness Centre Orientations are available by the Fitness Centre Monitors. No appointment necessary but please refer to schedule above.
- Front Counter hours: Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The aquatics facility includes a 25-metre swimming pool, children's play pool, whirl pool and steam room
- Full size gymnasium
- Fitness center with three fitness rooms
- Meeting rooms, banquet facility, and board room for rentals (see Event and Rentals Planning for bookings)
- Pickleball courts (see Parkinson Recreation Park for public hours or see below for pre-booking information through Pickleball Kelowna)
- Play for all playground and outdoor fitness equipment
- Personal training options
- Gift certificates for programs and activities are available at Parkinson Recreation Centre
- To find events held at Parkinson Recreation Centre, visit our event calendar
Parkinson Recreation Centre phone hours (250-469-8800):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
During the first week of recreation program registration each season, phone lines will open 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Please be advised that if you call during peak registration times you may experience a busy signal that will require you to call again. We thank you for your patience.
|Adult Pool Only||$6.00||$46.00||$81.20||$46.00||$121.83||$211.18|
|Youth, Student & Senior|
|Senior (75+) Pool Only||$3.25||$25.40||$44.80||$25.44||$67.27||$116.58|
Access Pass (for persons with a permanent disability)
* Single Entry rates include tax. All other rates subject to tax.
** A family includes a maximum of two adults and all of their children under 19 years of age who are related by birth, legal status or marriage and are living in the same household. (Full time students over 18 years, with proof of enrolment, are eligible under a Family Pass.)Infants 2 and under are free.
*** Full time at a recognized Post Secondary Educational institute. A valid Student ID card with expiry must be presented.
- Pool Pass - Includes public swim, lane and adult swim, whirlpool, hot tub and steam room.
- Facility Pass - Includes pool (as above) plus fitness facility and drop-in gymnasium.
- Three Month Facility Passes include a free group Fitness Centre orientation session.
- Six Month Facility Passes
- One Year Facility Passes
- Access Pass - Combination, program and facility passes available. Must be approved.
- Scheduled Payment Option available on six month and one year passes plus a $30 annual processing fee.
- Reciprocal Use at Parkinson Recreation Centre and H2O. One year memberships are eligible for discounted single entry or punch passes at the other facility. Call 250-469-8800 for more information.
2021 Holiday Hours at Parkinson Recreation Centre
Please note that these times may be subject to change.
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||Closed|
|February 15 (BC Family Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 2 (Good Friday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 5 (Easter Monday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|May 24 (Victoria Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|July 1 (Canada Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|August 2 (Civic Holiday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|September 6 (Labour Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|October 11 (Thanksgiving)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|November 11 (Remembrance Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 20, 21, 22 & 23||6 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 24 (Christmas Eve)||6 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|December 25 & 26||Closed|
|December 27||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 28, 29 & 30||6 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 31 (New Year's Eve)||6 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Please note that Liaison Therapist Services are not currently available. Check back for the latest updates.
We have partnered with Allied Health (Interior Health Authority) to bridge the gap between acute care services and community services. These services support individuals' self management of their health and include a variety of different health programs to suit your needs. A liaison therapist (Navigator) will be at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (see hours below) to assist the general public with encouragement and direction towards appropriate programming to meet your specific needs.
Parkinson Pool & Aquatics Centre Admission Policy
- Children under 7 years of age and under must remain within arm's reach of a parent or adult caregiver at all times
- A responsible adult or caregiver 16 years or older in the water may supervise up to 3 children under the age of 7 regardless of swimming ability
- The City of Kelowna reserves the right to alter its Aquatic Centre Schedule at any time, without notice, to meet its operational needs
When in season, outdoor Pickleball courts at Parkinson Recreation Centre will be available through online bookings only in partnership with Pickleball Kelowna. Court bookings are closed through the winter.
Looking for nearby facilities such as Parkinson Activity Centre or Parkinson Recreation Park?
- Parkinson Activity Centre
- Parkinson Recreation Park (includes soccer fields, pickleball courts, community gardens and playgrounds)