Parkinson Recreation Centre
Recreation activities and pre-booking a time at Parkinson Recreation Centre
PRC is open to facility members, 10- or 20-visit pass holders, program registrants and those looking to drop-in. A number of spaces and safety-adapted activities are accessible at PRC by Pre-booking a time slot.
The following activity types are available for pre-booking at PRC this time:
- Badminton (singles play only)
- Drop-in basketball (singles play only)
- Fitness Centre
- Gymnasium (singles play only and family bookings)
- Pickleball (singles play only)
- Table Tennis (singles play only)
All patrons must be scheduled in advance, no onsite drop ins are permitted at this time as per the latest Provincial Health Direction. Please note that all drop-in users will need to have an online City recreation account to use PRC facilities for contact tracing purposes. Those without active accounts can sign up in advance by calling 250-469-8800 or emailing email@example.com.
Looking for Spring 2021 programs? Registration is open at kelowna.ca/recreation.
Provincial health orders at PRC (March 29, 2021): On Monday, March 29, additional measures related to indoor gatherings were added to existing COVID-19 health orders and province-wide restrictions including a pause on any indoor adult group fitness classes until at least April 19, 2021. Impacted program participants will be contacted directly and cancelled class credits will be applied automatically to accounts. For more details regarding the latest health order and program impacts, visit kelowna.ca/recreation.
Some recreation programs remain suspended under the current order including adult registered programs and sport leagues. Youth sport for those aged 21 or younger may continue in both indoor and outdoor settings in alignment with ViaSport’s Level 2 Return to Sport Guidelines. Please note that there are still no spectators allowed at any indoor or outdoor sporting or recreation activities at this time.
Masks are required at all times for everyone at PRC including visitors, members, City staff and instructors in all areas of the building. This includes lobbies, change rooms, washrooms, hallways and spectator areas. This also includes wearing a mask while engaging in physical activity. More details about the masks requirement including exceptions are detailed in the frequently asked questions below.
See below for further details about safety guidelines and frequently asked questions specific to each area/activity. If you need assistance, please contact us at 250-469-8800.
Yes, facility and pool memberships are available!
If you have questions about memberships or would like to sign up, please call Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following spaces are open/closed at Parkinson Recreation Centre:
Open: PRC fitness centre, PRC pool area, gymnasium, change rooms (note: please come dressed to workout if possible as access may be limited), multi-use rooms (for registered programs only at this time), hot tub. Lockers are available in the fitness centre and pool change rooms.
Please note that the fitness centre, gymnasium and pool are open with limited access through seasonal recreation programs or by PRC members by online reservation. Drop-ins are permitted on a first come, first served basis only if space allows. Drop-in participants will still need to create an account onsite to allow for contact tracing.
Closed: Steam room and pool viewing area.
Yes. Following direction from the Provincial Health Officer, additional safety procedures are being implemented for all City staff, instructors and public visiting City recreation facilities including a requirement to wear masks.
This includes common areas and program spaces within City recreation facilities and arenas including lobbies, change rooms, washrooms, hallways and spectator areas. Masks must also be worn while engaged in physical activity, including during recreational programming or while using the fitness centre.
Common areas where masks are required such as program spaces, foyers, change rooms and program spaces will be clearly marked. Wearing a mask is not recommended:
- while swimming in the pool.
- for people with underlying medical conditions that affect their ability to wear a face covering.
- for those unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance.
- for individuals who are communicating with someone who is hearing-impaired or has another disability, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- for children under the age of 2 years old. Masks are recommended for all children in grades 4 and up as per the latest Provincial direction.
If you have any questions about safety guidelines in place at City recreation facilities, please call 250-469-8800.
Yes. Those registered in programs will need to wear a mask at all times, including while engaged in physical activity, as per the latest Provincial direction. Masks must also be worn when entering and exiting the facility, while using washroom facilities or visiting any other common areas throughout the facility.
If you have any issues using the online reservation system, you can connect with one of our recreation clerks using by calling 250-469-8800. Current phone hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. If you are a facility member, our clerks should be able to assist you in booking a time.
The online reservation system is in place so PRC members can be assured that even during peak times, the number of guests in the fitness centre, pool area or gymnasium will be monitored and capped to allow for physical distancing. All patrons must be scheduled in advance, no onsite drop ins are permitted at this time as per the latest Provincial Health Direction. Please note that you must have an online recreation account to access the online reservation system. Call 250-469-8800 or email email@example.com to set one up in advance.
Drop-in basketball is only available for single play only. Participants can secure their spot by registering for a time slot in advance using the online reservation system. Drop-ins are permitted only if space allows. Please note that all drop-in users must have an active online City recreation account. Call 250-469-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up in advance.
If you have additional questions about basketball at PRC, please contact one of our clerks at 250-469-8800.
Facility membership accounts reactivated on Aug. 4, 2020.
Pool membership accounts reactivated on Oct. 1, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns about memberships, connect with one of our recreation clerks at 250-469-8800.
PRC Pool Hours - Spring 2021
|Monday||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m.- 11:45 a.m.|
|Sunday||8 a.m.- 11:45 a.m.|
The pool area will be closed for enhanced cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m.
Pre-book a time slot online. Drop-ins permitted only if space allows. All drop-in users must have an active online City recreation account. Call 250-469-8800 or email email@example.com to set one up in advance.
- Please enter through the Main Entrance doors and check in with our Greeter
- The small pool will be available for use during bookings. The spray feature will not be turned on at this time.
- Physical distancing rules apply to both land and water. While swimming, be sure to maintain distance from other swimmers.
- Each pool pre-booking time slot is for 45 minutes. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time and please leave promptly after your timeslot ends. You can book two timeslots back to back, but be aware that cleaning must take place between the two sessions and you'll need to exit the pool for 15 minutes for cleaning to occur.
- Lane swim times will be capped to a maximum of 12 swimmers.
- Used swim equipment should be placed in the appropriate bins on site for disinfecting.
- Please follow any directions from lifeguards on site and adhere to posted signage when moving around the pool areas.
- If you or anyone in your household is ill or experiencing symptoms, stay home.
- 15 minutes of cleaning and organizing will be done at the end of every lane swim time.
- Deeper cleaning will take place twice a day from 10-11 a.m. And 2-3 p.m. During these cleaning times, the pool will be closed.
- Lane swimming and Aquafit classes will be capped to a maximum of 12 pre-registered or pre-booked participants.
- No shared equipment.
- Masks are required in all areas other than when engaging in physical activity (such as swimming in the pool).
- Some spaces may be closed off to allow for better spacing.
- Sanitize or wash hands before visiting the pool area and be sure to have a cleansing shower before entering the pool (be aware that shower space may be limited and pre-rinsing at home before visiting is preferred).
- Additional signage has been posted in and around the pool area, please adhere to all directions.
See an overview of safety measures in place at our recreation facilities.
The DiverseAbilities swim time is open for anyone who may not be comfortable with general lane swimming for an open swim.
While this swim time is generally reserved for People with DiverseAbilities (cognitive or physical disabilities), anyone who would prefer an open swim environment (no lanes), may not be comfortable in deep water, or needs assistance by holding onto the ledge, can book into the DiverseAbilities time slot online.
During the DiverseAbilities swim times:
- There will not be any lanes available.
- It will be an open pool with both the big pool and the small pool available.
- An Aquafit class will also be running on the opposite end of the pool.
If you have additional questions about the available swim times, please connect with us at 250-469-8800.
The Small Pool swim time is open for anyone or any household that wants to use the small pool.
While this swim time is generally reserved for families or couples (members in the same household), it is also available for any individuals who would prefer to use the small pool.
One member of the household books this timeslot and only one slot is available per 45 min. With this booking, you will not be able to access the large pool. Hot tub access is available, please follow posted protocols (10 minutes per patron).
If you have additional questions about the available swim times, please connect with us at 250-469-8800.
The Fitness Centre at Parkinson Recreation Centre includes a circuit training room, weight room and cardio room. The Fitness Centre is open to anyone 13 years and older. Proper attire and footwear are required when using the fitness facilities.
Starting February 12th, week day Fitness Centre hours will be 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Fitness Centre Hours - Spring 2021
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Centre closed for cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m.
Pre-book a timeslot online. Drop-ins permitted only if space allows. Please note that drop-in users must have an active online City recreation account. Set one up in advance by calling 250-469-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning.
- Masks are required throughout the fitness centre
- Dedicated cleaning times.
The Fitness Centre will be closed for cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. & 2-3 p.m. No bookings will be allowed during cleaning hours.
- Fitness equipment will be intermittently closed off to allow for better spacing (i.e. every other treadmill available for use).
- Physical distancing is required; please remain 2 metres away from others.
- Visitors must adhere to all directions, floor markings and signage posted at the facility.
- Anyone feeling ill or experiencing symptoms are asked to stay home.
See an overview of safety measures in place at our recreation facilities.
- Each reservation is for a 1-hour time slot. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time and please leave promptly after your timeslot ends.
- There is currently limited access to change rooms; arrive dressed to work out. Washrooms are available.
- Masks are required throughout Parkinson Recreation Centre including when engaged in physical activity.
- Please follow directional signage when moving around the fitness centre.
- Please sanitize each piece of equipment before and after use with the sanitizer provided.
- Personal training services are available, phone 250-469-8800 for more information.
- If you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or experiencing symptoms, stay home.
To make the most of your time in the Fitness Centre, consider working with a Personal Trainer. Sessions are by appointment only. Please call 250-469-8800 to book yours today. Age: 13Y and up.
Introduction to Personal Training - $90
- 3 hours with a Certified Personal Trainer
- 1 month pass to the Parkinson Recreation Centre (includes fitness centre and pool)
- One session: $40/hr
- Five-nine sessions: $35/hr
- Ten or more sessions: $30/hr
Complete Personal Training forms below and submit to the Parkinson Recreation Centre
Monitors are certified personal fitness trainers available to assist clients with equipment or workouts. Fitness Centre Monitors are on site for equipment orientations. Call 250-469-8800 or see bulletin board in fitness centre for the daily schedule.
Please note, the fitness monitor schedule is subject to change so please call 250-469-8800 to confirm.
|Monday - Friday||6:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.|
|10 a.m.* - 2:30 p.m.|
|4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
*Thursdays are 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Fitness Centre Orientations
Fitness Centre Orientations are available by the Fitness Centre Monitors. No appointment necessary but please refer to schedule above.
Please note that not all services may be offered at this time as PRC reopening plans progress.
- Front Counter hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The aquatics facility includes a 25-metre swimming pool, children's play pool, whirl pool and steam room
- Full size gymnasium
- Fitness center with three fitness rooms
- Meeting rooms, banquet facility, and board room for rentals (see Event and Rentals Planning for bookings)
- Pickleball courts (see Parkinson Recreation Park for public hours or see below for pre-booking information through Pickleball Kelowna)
- Play for all playground and outdoor fitness equipment
- Personal training options
- Childminding for children 6 mo to 5 yrs is available M-F from 8:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. ($30 for 10 tickets; $18 for 5 tickets; $5 for drop-in)
- The Play Pen is a drop-in playtime for kids up to 5 yrs on weekday mornings from 9:00 a.m. - 11:05 a.m. (drop-in $4/child)
Parent or guardian must be present. Free coffee and tea provided for adults
- Gift certificates for programs and activities are available at Parkinson Recreation Centre
- To find events held at Parkinson Recreation Centre, visit our event calendar
Parkinson Recreation Centre phone hours (250-469-8800):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
During the first week of recreation program registration each season, phone lines will open 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Please be advised that if you call during peak registration times you may experience a busy signal that will require you to call again. We thank you for your patience.
|Adult Pool Only||$6.00||$46.00||$81.20||$46.00||$121.83||$211.18|
|Youth, Student & Senior|
|Senior (75+) Pool Only||$3.25||$25.40||$44.80||$25.44||$67.27||$116.58|
Access Pass (for persons with a permanent disability)
* Single Entry rates include tax. All other rates subject to tax.
** A family includes a maximum of two adults and all of their children under 19 years of age who are related by birth, legal status or marriage and are living in the same household. (Full time students over 18 years, with proof of enrolment, are eligible under a Family Pass.)Infants 2 and under are free.
*** Full time at a recognized Post Secondary Educational institute. A valid Student ID card with expiry must be presented.
- Pool Pass - Includes public swim, lane and adult swim, whirlpool, hot tub and steam room.
- Facility Pass - Includes pool (as above) plus fitness facility and drop-in gymnasium.
- Three Month Facility Passes include a free group Fitness Centre orientation session.
- Six Month Facility Passes
- One Year Facility Passes
- Access Pass - Combination, program and facility passes available. Must be approved.
- Scheduled Payment Option available on six month and one year passes plus a $30 annual processing fee.
- Reciprocal Use at Parkinson Recreation Centre and H2O. One year memberships are eligible for discounted single entry or punch passes at the other facility. Call 250-469-8800 for more information.
2021 Holiday Hours at Parkinson Recreation Centre
Please note that these times may be subject to change.
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||Closed|
|February 15 (BC Family Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 2 (Good Friday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 5 (Easter Monday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|May 24 (Victoria Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|July 1 (Canada Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|August 2 (Civic Holiday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|September 6 (Labour Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|October 11 (Thanksgiving)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|November 11 (Remembrance Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 20, 21, 22 & 23||6 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 24 (Christmas Eve)||6 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|December 25 & 26||Closed|
|December 27||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 28, 29 & 30||6 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 31 (New Year's Eve)||6 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Please note that Liaison Therapist Services are not currently available. Check back for the latest updates.
We have partnered with Allied Health (Interior Health Authority) to bridge the gap between acute care services and community services. These services support individuals' self management of their health and include a variety of different health programs to suit your needs. A liaison therapist (Navigator) will be at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (see hours below) to assist the general public with encouragement and direction towards appropriate programming to meet your specific needs.
Parkinson Pool & Aquatics Centre Admission Policy
- Children under 7 years of age and under must remain within arm's reach of a parent or adult caregiver at all times
- A responsible adult or caregiver 16 years or older in the water may supervise up to 3 children under the age of 7 regardless of swimming ability
- The City of Kelowna reserves the right to alter its Aquatic Centre Schedule at any time, without notice, to meet its operational needs
When in season, outdoor Pickleball courts at Parkinson Recreation Centre will be available through online bookings only in partnership with Pickleball Kelowna. Court bookings are closed through the winter.
Looking for nearby facilities such as Parkinson Activity Centre or Parkinson Recreation Park?
- Parkinson Activity Centre
- Parkinson Recreation Park (includes soccer fields, pickleball courts, community gardens and playgrounds)