Parkinson Recreation Centre
Recreation activities and pre-booking a time at Parkinson Recreation Centre
Fall program registration is now open at kelowna.ca/recreation. All activities at Parkinson Recreation Centre must be pre-booked before your visit as drop-in access is currently unavailable. PRC facility and pool members can pre-book a time slot to access the pool or fitness centre using the online reservation system. See below for safety guidelines and frequently asked questions specific to each area/activity. If you need assistance, please contact us at 250-469-8800.
Yes, facility and pool memberships are now available!
Punch pass (10 or 20 visit pass) holders will need to upgrade to a facility or pool membership to gain access at this time and can do so by calling 250-469-8800 (phone hours are Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
If you have questions about memberships or would like to sign up, please call Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of September 16, the following spaces will be open/closed at Parkinson Recreation Centre:
Open*: PRC fitness centre, PRC pool area, gymnasium, universal change room (note: please come dressed to workout if possible as access may be limited), multi-use rooms (for registered programs only at this time).
Lockers are available in the fitness centre and universal change room.
*open with limited access through seasonal recreation programs or by PRC members by online reservation.
Closed: Hot tub, steam room, gender-specific changerooms, front doors and pool viewing area.
Parkinson Recreation Centre reopening plans are currently underway. Fully reopening a complex facility such as Parkinson Recreation Centre needs to be done thoughtfully and progressively for the collective safety of our staff, volunteers and patrons.
|Phases of reopening||Access level||Details||Timing|
|Phase 1||Suspension of programs and public access to facilities||In March 2020, City recreation programs were cancelled and recreation facilities including Parkinson Recreation Centre were closed to align with measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19.||March - July 5|
|Phase 2||Limited outdoor casual use of sport courts and registered programs||Larger spaces at Parkinson Recreation Centre reopened on July 6 for registered programs only. To view our current available registered programs, view the fall Activity & Program Guide.||July 6 - July 19|
|Limited use of indoor spaces for registered programs and memberships|
The Fitness Centre at Parkinson Recreation Centre reopened on Monday, July 20 for facility members who must must reserve a one-hour time slot to access the facility. Time slots can be booked up to two weeks in advance.
As of September 16, the pool area at Parkinson Recreation Centre has re-opened in a limited capacity to members who can book a swim time online.
|Phase 4||Return to a 'new normal'||This phase will explore the return of drop-in opportunities and full facility access.||TBD|
Drop-in basketball is not available at this time.
However, the lunchtime and evening timeslots previously held for drop-in basketball are now "Register and Play" programs and you can pre-register online. Space is limited. Registration fees will not apply to current PRC facility members.
If you have additional questions about basketball at PRC, please contact one of our clerks at 250-469-8800.
The online reservation system is in place so PRC members can be assured that even during peak times, the number of guests in the fitness centre, pool area or gymnasium will be monitored and capped to allow for physical distancing.
Facility membership accounts reactivated on August 4, 2020.
As a courtesy, pool members will have their membership remain on hold until October 1, 2020, even if the pool is accessed by pre-booking before then.
If you have any questions or concerns about memberships, connect with one of our recreation clerks at 250-469-8800.
If you have any issues using the online reservation system, you can connect with one of our recreation clerks using LiveChat (click on the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen) or by calling 250-469-8800 (current LiveChat and phone hours are Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.). If you are a facility member, our clerks should be able to assist you in booking a time.
Yes, you can change or cancel your online reservation at any time by calling 250-469-8800.
The aquatics facility includes a 25-metre swimming pool, children's play pool, hot tub and steam room.
Please note that the hot tub and steam room are closed at this time.
PRC Pool Hours - Fall 2020
|Monday||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||6 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m.- 11:45 a.m.|
|Sunday||8 a.m.- 11:45 a.m.|
The pool area will be closed for enhanced cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m.
No drop ins at this time, members can pre-book a time slot online.
- Please enter off pool deck doors near the pool viewing area. An entrance map is located at the front entrance of PRC if needed.
- The small pool will be available for use during bookings. The spray feature will not be turned on at this time.
- Physical distancing rules apply to both land and water. While swimming, be sure to maintain distance from other swimmers.
- Each pool pre-booking time slot is for 45 minutes. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time and please leave promptly after your timeslot ends. You can book two timeslots back to back, but be aware that cleaning must take place between the two sessions and you'll need to exit the pool for 15 minutes for cleaning to occur.
- Lane swim times will be capped to a maximum of 12 swimmers.
- Used swim equipment should be placed in the appropriate bins on site for disinfecting.
- Please follow any directions from lifeguards on site and adhere to posted signage when moving around the pool areas.
- If you or anyone in your household is ill or experiencing symptoms, stay home.
- 15 minutes of cleaning and organizing will be done at the end of every lane swim time.
- Deeper cleaning will take place twice a day from 10-11 a.m. And 2-3 p.m. During these cleaning times, the pool will be closed.
- Lane swimming and Aquafit classes will be capped to a maximum of 12 pre-registered or pre-booked participants.
- No shared equipment.
- Some spaces may be closed off to allow for better spacing.
- Sanitize or wash hands before visiting the pool area and be sure to have a cleansing shower before entering the pool (be aware that shower space may be limited and pre-rinsing at home before visiting is preferred).
- Additional signage has been posted in and around the pool area, please adhere to all directions.
See an overview of safety measures in place at our recreation facilities.
Swim lessons will be available later this fall, if reopening plans continue to progress as planned. Lessons will be added to the online guide when available. To be notified by email when swim lessons return, make sure to sign up for Active Living e-updates.
Registration will be available online or by phone. To be notified by email when swim lessons return and to make sure you're aware of any new or added registration dates, make sure to sign up for Active Living e-updates. Learn more about program registration at kelowna.ca/recreation. Please note that in-person registration is currently unavailable.
Aquafit classes begin on September 21. Registration opens September 15. Swimmers must pre-register online or call 250-469-8800.
No drop-ins are permitted at this time. See a full list of offerings in the online Fall Activity & Program Guide.
Maximum capacity for each Aquafit session is 12 participants.
The DiverseAbilities swim time is open for anyone who may not be comfortable with general lane swimming for an open swim.
While this swim time is generally reserved for People with DiverseAbilities (cognitive or physical disabilities), anyone who would prefer an open swim environment (no lanes), may not be comfortable in deep water, or needs assistance by holding onto the ledge, can book into the DiverseAbilities time slot online.
During the DiverseAbilities swim times:
- There will not be any lanes available.
- It will be an open pool with both the big pool and the small pool available.
- An Aquafit class will also be running on the opposite end of the pool.
If you have additional questions about the available swim times, please connect with us at 250-469-8800.
The Fitness Centre at Parkinson Recreation Centre includes a circuit training room, weight room and cardio room. The Fitness Centre is open to anyone 13 years and older. Proper attire and footwear are required when using the fitness facilities.
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning.
- Dedicated cleaning times.
The Fitness Centre will be closed for cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. & 2-3 p.m. No bookings will be allowed during cleaning hours.
- Fitness equipment will be intermittently closed off to allow for better spacing (i.e. every other treadmill available for use).
- Physical distancing is required; please remain 2 metres away from others.
- Visitors must adhere to all directions, floor markings and signage posted at the facility.
- Anyone feeling ill or experiencing symptoms are asked to stay home.
See an overview of safety measures in place at our recreation facilities.
- The front doors at PRC are closed. Enter through the fitness centre access doors at the rear of the building near Parkinson Activity Centre (an entrance map is available on the front doors when you arrive at the facility)
- Each reservation is for a 1-hour time slot. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time and please leave promptly after your timeslot ends.
- There is currently limited access to change rooms; arrive dressed to work out. Washrooms are available.
- Please follow directional signage when moving around the fitness centre.
- Please sanitize each piece of equipment before and after use with the sanitizer provided.
- Personal training services are not currently available. Please check back for the latest updates.
- If you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or experiencing symptoms, stay home.
Please note that not all services may be offered at this time as PRC reopening plans progress.
- The aquatics facility includes a 25-metre swimming pool, children's play pool, whirl pool and steam room
- Full size gymnasium
- Fitness center with three fitness rooms
- Meeting rooms, banquet facility, and board room for rentals (see Event and Rentals Planning for bookings)
- Pickleball courts (see Parkinson Recreation Park for public hours or see below for pre-booking information through Pickleball Kelowna)
- Play for all playground and outdoor fitness equipment
- Personal training options and liaison therapist (navigator)
- Childminding for children 6 mo to 5 yrs is available M-F from 8:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. ($30 for 10 tickets; $18 for 5 tickets; $5 for drop-in)
- The Play Pen is a drop-in playtime for kids up to 5 yrs on weekday mornings from 9:00 a.m. - 11:05 a.m. (drop-in $4/child)
Parent or guardian must be present. Free coffee and tea provided for adults
- Gift certificates for programs and activities are available at Parkinson Recreation Centre
- To find events held at Parkinson Recreation Centre, visit our event calendar
Parkinson Recreation Centre phone hours (250-469-8800):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
During the first week of recreation program registration each season, phone lines will open at 7:00 a.m. Please be advised that if you call during peak registration times you may experience a busy signal that will require you to call again. We thank you for your patience.
|Adult Pool Only||$5.75||$45.10||$79.60||$45.10||$119.44||$207.04|
|Youth, Student & Senior|
|Senior (75+) Pool Only||$3.15||$24.90||$44.00||$24.94||$65.95||$114.29|
Access Pass (for persons with a permanent disability)
* Single Entry rates include tax. All other rates subject to tax.
** A family includes a maximum of two adults and all of their children under 19 years of age who are related by birth, legal status or marriage and are living in the same household. (Full time students over 18 years, with proof of enrolment, are eligible under a Family Pass.)Infants 2 and under are free.
*** Full time at a recognized Post Secondary Educational institute. A valid Student ID card with expiry must be presented.
- Pool Pass - Includes public swim, lane and adult swim, whirlpool, hot tub and steam room.
- Facility Pass - Includes pool (as above) plus fitness facility and drop-in gymnasium.
- Three Month Facility Passes include a free group Fitness Centre orientation session.
- Six Month Facility Passes
- One Year Facility Passes
- Access Pass - Combination, program and facility passes available. Must be approved.
- Scheduled Payment Option available on six month and one year passes plus a $30 annual processing fee.
- Reciprocal Use at Parkinson Recreation Centre and H2O. One year memberships are eligible for discounted single entry or punch passes at the other facility. Call 250-469-8800 for more information.
2020 Holiday Hours at Parkinson Recreation Centre
Please note that these times may be subject to change in fall/winter 2020 due to limited facility hours as PRC reopening plans progress.
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|February 17 (BC Family Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 10 (Good Friday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 13 (Easter Monday)||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|May 18 (Victoria Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|July 1 (Canada Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|August 3 (Civic Holiday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|September 7 (Labour Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|October 12 (Thanksgiving)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|November 11 (Remembrance Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 24 (Christmas Eve)||6 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 25 & 26||Closed|
|December 27||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 28||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 29||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|December 30||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|December 31 (New Year's Eve)||6 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
Monitors are certified personal fitness trainers available to assist clients with equipment or workouts. Fitness Centre Monitors are on site for equipment orientations. Call 250-469-8800 or see bulletin board in fitness centre for the daily schedule.
Please note, the fitness monitor schedule is subject to change so please call 250-469-8800 to confirm.
|Monday - Friday||6:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.|
|10 a.m.* - 2:30 p.m.|
|4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
*Thursdays are 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Fitness Centre Orientations
Fitness Centre Orientations are available by the Fitness Centre Monitors. No appointment necessary but please refer to schedule above.
Fall 2020: Please note that Personal Training Services are not currently available. Check back for the latest updates.
To make the most of your time in the Fitness Centre, consider working with a Personal Trainer. Sessions are by appointment only. Please call 250-469-8800 to book yours today. Age: 13Y and up.
Introduction to Personal Training - $90
- 3 hours with a Certified Personal Trainer
- 1 month pass to the Parkinson Recreation Centre (includes fitness centre and pool)
- One session: $40/hr
- Five-nine sessions: $35/hr
- Ten or more sessions: $30/hr
Complete Personal Training forms below and submit to the Parkinson Recreation Centre
We have partnered with Allied Health (Interior Health Authority) to bridge the gap between acute care services and community services. These services support individuals' self management of their health and include a variety of different health programs to suit your needs. A liaison therapist (Navigator) will be at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (see hours below) to assist the general public with encouragement and direction towards appropriate programming to meet your specific needs.
Liaison therapist office hours
|Monday||9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.|
|Tuesday||1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||12:30 p.m.- 2 p.m.|
No appointments necessary, just walk in!
*Hours are subject to change
Parkinson Pool & Aquatics Centre Admission Policy
- Children under 7 years of age and under must remain within arm's reach of a parent or adult caregiver at all times
- A responsible adult or caregiver 16 years or older in the water may supervise up to 3 children under the age of 7 regardless of swimming ability
- The City of Kelowna reserves the right to alter its Aquatic Centre Schedule at any time, without notice, to meet its operational needs
Pickleball court space at Parkinson Recreation Centre will be available through online bookings only at this time in partnership with Pickleball Kelowna. The online booking tool can be accessed through PickleballKelowna.com or using the link below. Players are asked to clearly mark their balls and refrain from picking up or using others’ balls.
Looking for nearby facilities such as Parkinson Activity Centre or Parkinson Recreation Park?
- Parkinson Activity Centre
- Parkinson Recreation Park (includes soccer fields, pickleball courts, community gardens and playgrounds)
Other schedule quicklinks: