Parkinson Recreation Centre
Latest update on recreation facility reopening plans (July 15, 2020):
Recreation facility reopening plans are currently underway. Fully reopening a complex facility such as Parkinson Recreation Centre needs to be done thoughtfully and progressively for the collective safety of our staff, volunteers and patrons.
|Phases of reopening||Access level||Details||Timing|
|Phase 1||Suspension of programs and public access to facilities||In March 2020, City recreation programs were cancelled and recreation facilities including Parkinson Recreation Centre were closed to align with measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19.||March - July 5|
|Phase 2||Limited outdoor casual use of sport courts and registered programs||Larger spaces at Parkinson Recreation Centre reopened on July 6 for registered programs only. To view our current available registered programs, view the Summer Activity & Program Guide.||July 6 - July 19|
|Limited use of indoor spaces for registered programs and memberships||The Fitness Centre at Parkinson Recreation Centre reopened on Monday, July 20 for facility members only (does not include 10 & 20 visit pass holders or pool memberships). Facility members must reserve a one-hour timeslot to access the facility. Timeslots can be booked up to two weeks in advance.||July 20-present|
|Phase 4||Return to a 'new normal'||This phase will explore the return of drop-in opportunities and full facility access including the reopening of the pool, hot tub and steam room.||TBD|
Parkinson Recreation Fitness Centre - limited opening for members
Hours of operation (for facility members only)
Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Closed for cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m.
Starting July 20, the following spaces will be open/closed at Parkinson Recreation Centre:
Open: PRC Fitness Centre, universal locker room (note: please come dressed to workout as locker room access will be limited), lockers located in Fitness Centre, multi-use rooms (for registered summer programs only at this time)
Closed: Aquatics area, hot tub, steam room, gymnasium, changerooms, pool viewing area, water fountains
The online booking system is being introduced so members can be assured that even during peak times, the number of guests in the PRC Fitness Centre will be monitored and capped to allow for physical distancing.
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning.
Please note that the Fitness Centre will be closed for cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. & 2-3 p.m. No bookings will be allowed during cleaning hours.
- Fitness equipment will be intermittently closed off to allow for better spacing (i.e. every other treadmill available for use).
- Changerooms will not be available, come dressed for a workout.
- Visitors must adhere to all directions, floor markings and signage posted at the facility.
- Anyone feeling ill or experiencing symptoms are asked to stay home.
See an overview of safety measures in place at our recreation facilities.
New memberships and passes will be available starting August 4, 2020.
At this phase of reopening plans, the PRC Fitness Centre is limited to current facility members only.
If you have questions about memberships, please call 250-469-8800 (phone hours are Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
Pool memberships and 10 or 20 visit pass holders will need to upgrade to a facility membership to gain access to the PRC Fitness Centre at this time and can do so by calling 250-469-8800 (phone hours are Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
Please note that facility memberships will not be officially reactivated until Thursday, August 4. Any visits to the Fitness Centre in July will not credit as time used on your account. Pool members will have their pass remain on hold until the pool area reopens.
No. Member accounts will remain on hold through July and will not be officially reactivated until August 4. Any visits to the Fitness Centre before August 4 will not apply as time used on your account.
Pool members will have their membership remain on hold until the pool area reopens.
If you have any questions or concerns about memberships, connect with one of our recreation clerks at 250-469-8800.
If you have any issues using the online booking tool, you can connect with one of our recreation clerks using live chat or by calling 250-469-8800 (current live chat and phone hours are Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.). If you are a facility member, our clerks should be able to assist you in booking a time.
Please note that Pickleball court space at Parkinson Recreation Centre will be available through online bookings only at this time in partnership with Pickleball Kelowna. The online booking tool can be accessed through PickleballKelowna.com or using the link below.
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|February 17 (BC Family Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 10 (Good Friday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 13 (Easter Monday)||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|May 18 (Victoria Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|July 1 (Canada Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|August 3 (Civic Holiday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|September 7 (Labour Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|October 12 (Thanksgiving)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|November 11 (Remembrance Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 24 (Christmas Eve)||6 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 25 & 26||Closed|
|December 27||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 28||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 29||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|December 30||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|December 31 (New Year's Eve)||6 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
Parkinson Recreation Centre phone hours (250-469-8800):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
During the first week of recreation program registration each season, phone lines will open at 7:00 a.m. Please be advised that if you call during peak registration times you may experience a busy signal that will require you to call again. We thank you for your patience.
General information and schedules
- The aquatics facility includes a 25-metre swimming pool, children's play pool, whirl pool and steam roomParkinson Recreation Centre Pool Schedule
- Full size gymnasium (closed for maintenance Jan 1-9)
Drop in Basketball Schedule
- Fitness center with three fitness rooms
- Meeting rooms, banquet facility, and board room for rentals (see Event and Rentals Planning for bookings)
- Pickleball courts (see Parkinson Recreation Park for public hours)
- Play for all playground and outdoor fitness equipment
- Personal training options and liaison therapist (navigator)
- Childminding for children 6 mo to 5 yrs is available M-F from 8:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. ($30 for 10 tickets; $18 for 5 tickets; $5 for drop-in)
- The Play Pen is a drop-in playtime for kids up to 5 yrs on weekday mornings from 9:00 a.m. - 11:05 a.m. (drop-in $4/child)
Parent or guardian must be present. Free coffee and tea provided for adults
- Gift certificates for programs and activities are available at Parkinson Recreation Centre
- To find events held at Parkinson Recreation Centre, visit our event calendar
|Adult Pool Only||$5.75||$45.10||$79.60||$45.10||$119.44||$207.04|
|Youth, Student & Senior|
|Senior (75+) Pool Only||$3.15||$24.90||$44.00||$24.94||$65.95||$114.29|
Access Pass (for persons with a permanent disability)
* Single Entry rates include tax. All other rates subject to tax.
** A family includes a maximum of two adults and all of their children under 19 years of age who are related by birth, legal status or marriage and are living in the same household. (Full time students over 18 years, with proof of enrolment, are eligible under a Family Pass.)Infants 2 and under are free.
*** Full time at a recognized Post Secondary Educational institute. A valid Student ID card with expiry must be presented.
- Pool Pass - Includes public swim, lane and adult swim, whirlpool, hot tub and steam room.
- Facility Pass - Includes pool (as above) plus fitness facility and drop-in gymnasium.
- Three Month Facility Passes include a free group Fitness Centre orientation session.
- Six Month Facility Passes
- One Year Facility Passes
- Access Pass - Combination, program and facility passes available. Must be approved.
- Scheduled Payment Option available on six month and one year passes plus a $30 annual processing fee.
- Reciprocal Use at Parkinson Recreation Centre and H2O. One year memberships are eligible for discounted single entry or punch passes at the other facility. Call 250-469-8800 for more information.
The Parkinson Recreation Aquatics Centre includes a 25-metre swimming pool, a children's play pool, whirl pool and steam room.
- Children under 7 years of age and under must remain within arm's reach of a parent or adult caregiver at all times
- A responsible adult or caregiver 16 years or older in the water may supervise up to 3 children under the age of 7 regardless of swimming ability
- The City of Kelowna reserves the right to alter its Aquatic Centre Schedule at any time, without notice, to meet its operational needs
The Fitness Centre at Parkinson Recreation Centre includes a circuit training room, weight room and cardio room. The Fitness Centre is open to anyone 13 years and older.
- Last entry is 30 minutes before closing.
- Be prepared to show your pass upon entry.
- Proper attire and footwear are required when using the fitness facilities.
- Fitness Trainer available. Please see Fitness Centre Monitor schedule or book a Personal Training Session.
Monitors are certified personal fitness trainers available to assist clients with equipment or workouts. Fitness Centre Monitors are on site for equipment orientations. Call 250-469-8800 or see bulletin board in fitness centre for the daily schedule.
Please note, the fitness monitor schedule is subject to change so please call 250-469-8800 to confirm.
|Monday - Friday||6:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.|
|10 a.m.* - 2:30 p.m.|
|4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
*Thursdays are 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Fitness Centre Orientations
Fitness Centre Orientations are available by the Fitness Centre Monitors. No appointment necessary but please refer to schedule above.
To make the most of your time in the Fitness Centre, consider working with a Personal Trainer. Sessions are by appointment only. Please call 250-469-8800 to book yours today. Age: 13Y and up.
Introduction to Personal Training - $90
- 3 hours with a Certified Personal Trainer
- 1 month pass to the Parkinson Recreation Centre (includes fitness centre and pool)
- One session: $40/hr
- Five-nine sessions: $35/hr
- Ten or more sessions: $30/hr
Complete Personal Training forms below and submit to the Parkinson Recreation Centre
We have partnered with Allied Health (Interior Health Authority) to bridge the gap between acute care services and community services. These services support individuals' self management of their health and include a variety of different health programs to suit your needs. A liaison therapist (Navigator) will be at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (see hours below) to assist the general public with encouragement and direction towards appropriate programming to meet your specific needs.
Liaison therapist office hours
|Monday||9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.|
|Tuesday||1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||12:30 p.m.- 2 p.m.|
No appointments necessary, just walk in!
*Hours are subject to change
Looking for nearby facilities such as Parkinson Activity Centre or Parkinson Recreation Park?
- Parkinson Activity Centre
- Parkinson Recreation Park (includes soccer fields, pickleball courts, community gardens and playgrounds)
Other schedule quicklinks: