Parkinson Recreation Centre
Our goal is to provide safe opportunities to stay active while ensuring we adhere to all direction from the Province relating to COVID-19 safety. If you feel unwell, please stay home. Visit COVID-19 what you need to know for further direction.
For information about the vaccine card, visit gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard. Facility visitors and program participants are welcome to wear a mask or face covering when visiting the facility at their own discretion.
Pool schedule June 20 - June 30, 2022
*Last entry is half an hour before closing.*
Children under 7 years of age and under must remain within arms reach of a parent or adult caregiver at all times. A responsible adult or caregiver 16 years or older in the water may supervise up to 3 children under the age of 7 regardless of swimming ability.
Drop ins are welcome!
Fitness Centre Hours - Winter/Spring 2022
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.||6 a.m. - 10 p.m.||6 a.m. - 10 p.m.||6 a.m. - 10 p.m.||6 a.m. - 10 p.m.||6 a.m. - 10 p.m.||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
*Last entry is half an hour before closing.*
Monitors are certified personal fitness trainers available to assist clients with equipment or workouts. Fitness Centre Monitors are on site for equipment orientations. Call 250-469-8800 or see bulletin board in fitness centre for the daily schedule.
Please note, the fitness monitor schedule is subject to change so please call 250-469-8800 to confirm.
Fitness Centre Orientations
Fitness Centre Orientations are available by the Fitness Centre Monitors. No appointment necessary.
To make the most of your time in the Fitness Centre, consider working with a Personal Trainer. Sessions are by appointment only. Please call 250-469-8800 to book yours today. Age: 13Y and up.
Introduction to Personal Training - $90
- 3 hours with a Certified Personal Trainer
- 1 month pass to the Parkinson Recreation Centre (incudes fitness centre and pool)
- One session: $45/hr
- Five-nine sessions: $40/hr
- Ten or more sessions: $35/hr
Complete the Personal Training form below and submit to the Parkinson Recreation Centre
- Front Counter hours: Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The aquatics facility includes a 25-metre swimming pool, children's play pool, whirl pool and steam room
- Full size gymnasium
- Fitness center with three fitness rooms
- Meeting rooms, banquet facility, and board room for rentals (see Event and Rentals Planning for bookings)
- Pickleball courts (see Parkinson Recreation Park for public hours or see below for pre-booking information through Pickleball Kelowna)
- Play for all playground and outdoor fitness equipment
- Personal training options
- Gift certificates for programs and activities are available at Parkinson Recreation Centre
- To find events held at Parkinson Recreation Centre, visit our event calendar
Parkinson Recreation Centre phone hours (250-469-8800):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m., Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
During the first week of recreation program registration each season, phone lines will open 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Please be advised that if you call during peak registration times you may experience a busy signal that will require you to call again. We thank you for your patience.
|Adult Pool Only||$6.00||$46.00||$81.20||$46.00||$121.83||$211.18|
|Youth, Student & Senior|
|Senior (75+) Pool Only||$3.25||$25.40||$44.80||$25.44||$67.27||$116.58|
Access Pass (for persons with a permanent disability)
* Single Entry rates include tax. All other rates subject to tax.
** A family includes a maximum of two adults and all of their children under 19 years of age who are related by birth, legal status or marriage and are living in the same household. (Full time students over 18 years, with proof of enrolment, are eligible under a Family Pass.)Infants 2 and under are free.
*** Full time at a recognized Post Secondary Educational institute. A valid Student ID card with expiry must be presented.
- Pool Pass - Includes public swim, lane and adult swim, whirlpool, hot tub and steam room.
- Facility Pass - Includes pool (as above) plus fitness facility and drop-in gymnasium.
- Three Month Facility Passes include a free group Fitness Centre orientation session.
- Six Month Facility Passes
- One Year Facility Passes
- Access Pass - Combination, program and facility passes available. Must be approved.
- Scheduled Payment Option available on six month and one year passes plus a $30 annual processing fee.
- Reciprocal Use at Parkinson Recreation Centre and H2O. One year memberships are eligible for discounted single entry or punch passes at the other facility. Call 250-469-8800 for more information.
2022 Holiday Hours at Parkinson Recreation Centre
Please note that these times may be subject to change.
|2022 Holiday Hours|
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||Closed|
|January 2||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|January 3||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|February 21 (BC Family Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 15 (Good Friday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 18 (Easter Monday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|May 23 (Victoria Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|July 1 (Canada Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|August 1 (Civic Holiday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|September 5 (Labour Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|September 30 (National Day for Truth and Reconciliation)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|October 10 (Thanksgiving)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|November 11 (Remembrance Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Dec 24 (Christmas Eve Day)||6 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|December 25 & 26||Closed|
|December 27||10 a.m. - 3 .m.|
|December 28 & 29 & 30||6 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 31 (New Year's Eve)||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||Closed|
|January 2||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
Drop-in basketball schedule:
|Monday, Wednesday- Friday||13+ years - All youth and adults welcome. Any game played is half court only and self organized. Bring your own ball.||6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.|
|Tuesdays||13+ years - All youth and adults welcome. Any game played is half court only and self organized. Bring your own ball.||6:00 a.m.-7:45 a.m.|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||18+ years - Adult Drop-In Basketball is a great way to stay fit, meet people, and have fun. Come join other participants for some friendly hoops. Teams are made up on arrival and participants referee their own games.||12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Sundays||18+ years - Adult Drop-In Basketball is a great way to stay fit, meet people and have fun. Come join other participants for some friendly hoops. Teams are made up on arrival and participants referee their own games.||12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Sundays||Youth (13-17 years) - Youth Drop-In Basketball is a great way to stay fit, meet people and have fun. Come join other participants for some friendly hoops. Teams are made up on arrival and participants referee their own games.||2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
If you have additional questions about basketball at PRC, please contact one of our clerks at 250-469-8800.
Please note: The City reserves the right to alter its drop-in basketball schedule without notice to meet its operational needs.
Please note that Liaison Therapist Services are not currently available. Check back for the latest updates.
We have partnered with Allied Health (Interior Health Authority) to bridge the gap between acute care services and community services. These services support individuals' self management of their health and include a variety of different health programs to suit your needs. A liaison therapist (Navigator) will be at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (see hours below) to assist the general public with encouragement and direction towards appropriate programming to meet your specific needs.
Parkinson Pool & Aquatics Centre Admission Policy
- Children under 7 years of age and under must remain within arm's reach of a parent or adult caregiver at all times
- A responsible adult or caregiver 16 years or older in the water may supervise up to 3 children under the age of 7 regardless of swimming ability
- The City of Kelowna reserves the right to alter its Aquatic Centre Schedule at any time, without notice, to meet its operational needs
Looking for nearby facilities such as Parkinson Activity Centre or Parkinson Recreation Park?
- Parkinson Activity Centre
- Parkinson Recreation Park (includes soccer fields, pickleball courts, community gardens and playgrounds)