Who to call for help



911 is for emergencies only – such as:

  • to get help for someone who needs immediate medical attention
  • if you see a crime in progress or about to occur
  • to report a fire
  • when you feel in danger
  • when someone else is in danger or their property is in danger
  • to report a drunk driver
  • to report a major accident


  • Dial 9-1-1- from any telephone. It will work on any type of phone. Pay phones and cell phones are free for 9-1-1.
  • Describe the emergency. This helps the dispatcher determine what kind of help to send.
  • Give the exact location. Describe how to get to the scene. This is key information to responders.
  • Answer all the questions.
  • Stay on the line until the 911 dispatcher says its okay to hang up.
  • Follow all directions. You may be able to assist before emergency responders arrive. Stay calm and focus on what the dispatcher is telling you.
  • Stay calm and speak clearly.

Police - for non-emergencies

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call 250-762-3300

  • when reporting a crime after it has occurred
  • when reporting stolen, lost, or found property
  • when reporting suspicious or illegal activities in your neighbourhood after the fact
  • to contact a Police Officer who attended your complaint
  • to get general information from the RCMP


Call 250-469-8686 to report any bylaw infractions which include:

  • Noise bylaws
  • Parks bylaws
  • Parking Offences
  • Abandoned Vehicles
  • Panhandling
  • Illegal Camping

Graffiti hotline

Call 250-469-8600, choose option 7

Call and leave a message at this number indicating the location of the graffiti that needs to be removed. Response is limited during inclement weather.