Parkinson Recreation Centre
Monday - Friday (Sept. - June): 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Monday - Friday (July - August): 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: the PRC gymnasium is closed for maintenance Jan 1- 9 and reopens Jan 10 at 7:00 a.m.
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|February 18 (BC Family Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 19 (Good Friday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|April 22 (Easter Monday)||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|May 20 (Victoria Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|July 1 (Canada Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|August 5 (Civic Holiday)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|September 2 (Labour Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|October 14 (Thanksgiving)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|November 11 (Remembrance Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|December 24 (Christmas Eve)||6 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|December 25 & 26||Closed|
|December 27||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|December 28 & 29||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|December 30||6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|December 31 (New Year's Eve)||6 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|January 1 (New Year's Day)||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
Parkinson Recreation Centre phone hours (250-469-8800):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
During the first week of recreation program registration each season, phone lines will open at 7:00 a.m. Please be advised that if you call during peak registration times you may experience a busy signal that will require you to call again. We thank you for your patience.
General information and schedules
- The aquatics facility includes a 25-metre swimming pool, children's play pool, whirl pool and steam roomParkinson Recreation Centre Pool Schedule
- Full size gymnasium (closed for maintenance Jan 1-9)
Drop in Basketball Schedule
- Fitness center with three fitness rooms
- Meeting rooms, banquet facility, and board room for rentals (see Event and Rentals Planning for bookings)
- Pickleball courts (see Parkinson Recreation Park for public hours)
- Play for all playground and outdoor fitness equipment
- Personal training options and liaison therapist (navigator)
- Childminding for children 6 mo to 5 yrs is available M-F from 8:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. ($30 for 10 tickets; $18 for 5 tickets; $5 for drop-in)
- The Play Pen is a drop-in playtime for kids up to 5 yrs on weekday mornings from 9:00 a.m. - 11:05 a.m. (drop-in $4/child)
Parent or guardian must be present. Free coffee and tea provided for adults
- Gift certificates for programs and activities are available at Parkinson Recreation Centre
- To find events held at Parkinson Recreation Centre, visit our event calendar
|Adult Pool Only||$5.60||$44.20||$78.00||$44.22||$117.10||$202.98|
|Youth, Student & Senior|
|Senior (75+) Pool Only||$3.05||$24.40||$43.00||$24.45||$64.66||$112.05|
Access Pass (for persons with a permanent disability)
* Single Entry rates include tax. All other rates subject to tax.
** A family includes a maximum of two adults and all of their children under 19 years of age who are related by birth, legal status or marriage and are living in the same household. (Full time students over 18 years, with proof of enrolment, are eligible under a Family Pass.)Infants 2 and under are free.
*** Full time at a recognized Post Secondary Educational institute. A valid Student ID card with expiry must be presented.
- Pool Pass - Includes public swim, lane and adult swim, whirlpool, hot tub and steam room.
- Facility Pass - Includes pool (as above) plus fitness facility and drop-in gymnasium.
- Three Month Facility Passes include a free group Fitness Centre orientation session.
- Six Month Facility Passes
- One Year Facility Passes
- Access Pass - Combination, program and facility passes available. Must be approved.
- Scheduled Payment Option available on six month and one year passes plus a $30 annual processing fee.
- Reciprocal Use at Parkinson Recreation Centre and H2O. One year memberships are eligible for discounted single entry or punch passes at the other facility. Call 250-469-8800 for more information.
The Parkinson Recreation Aquatics Centre includes a 25-metre swimming pool, a children's play pool, whirl pool and steam room.
- Children under 7 years of age and under must remain within arm's reach of a parent or adult caregiver at all times
- A responsible adult or caregiver 16 years or older in the water may supervise up to 3 children under the age of 7 regardless of swimming ability
- The City of Kelowna reserves the right to alter its Aquatic Centre Schedule at any time, without notice, to meet its operational needs
The Fitness Centre at Parkinson Recreation Centre includes a circuit training room, weight room and cardio room. The Fitness Centre is open to anyone 13 years and older.
- Last entry is 30 minutes before closing.
- Be prepared to show your pass upon entry.
- Proper attire and footwear are required when using the fitness facilities.
- Fitness Trainer available. Please see Fitness Centre Monitor schedule or book a Personal Training Session.
Monitors are certified personal fitness trainers available to assist clients with equipment or workouts. Fitness Centre Monitors are on site for equipment orientations. Call 250-469-8800 or see bulletin board in fitness centre for the daily schedule.
Please note, the fitness monitor schedule is subject to change so please call 250-469-8800 to confirm.
|Monday - Friday||6:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.|
|10 a.m.* - 2:30 p.m.|
|4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
*Thursdays are 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Fitness Centre Orientations
Fitness Centre Orientations are available by the Fitness Centre Monitors. No appointment necessary but please refer to schedule above.
To make the most of your time in the Fitness Centre, consider working with a Personal Trainer. Sessions are by appointment only. Please call 250-469-8800 to book yours today. Age: 13Y and up.
Introduction to Personal Training - $90
- 3 hours with a Certified Personal Trainer
- 1 month pass to the Parkinson Recreation Centre (includes fitness centre and pool)
- One session: $40/hr
- Five-nine sessions: $35/hr
- Ten or more sessions: $30/hr
Complete Personal Training forms below and submit to the Parkinson Recreation Centre
We have partnered with Allied Health (Interior Health Authority) to bridge the gap between acute care services and community services. These services support individuals' self management of their health and include a variety of different health programs to suit your needs. A liaison therapist (Navigator) will be at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (see hours below) to assist the general public with encouragement and direction towards appropriate programming to meet your specific needs.
Liaison therapist office hours
|Monday||9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.|
|Tuesday||1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||12:30 p.m.- 2 p.m.|
No appointments necessary, just walk in!
*Hours are subject to change
Looking for nearby facilities such as Parkinson Activity Centre or Parkinson Recreation Park?
- Parkinson Activity Centre
- Parkinson Recreation Park (includes soccer fields, pickleball courts, community gardens and playgrounds)
Other schedule quicklinks: