Recreation programs & registration
Fall 2021 Activity & Program Guide
Kelowna's Fall Activity & Program Guide is now online featuring recreation and cultural programs from September to December.
Once you've found a program in the online guide, simply click the course ID (5-digit number) to register online or call 250-469-8800 to register by phone.
Check back for the latest updates or sign up for Recreation & Sport e-updates to have the latest recreation news sent straight to your inbox.
Our goal is to provide safe opportunities to stay active while ensuring we adhere to all direction from the Province relating to COVID-19 safety.
Under Provincial Health Orders, masks are required in all public indoor settings for all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
In addition, some services at City recreation facilities require proof of COVID-19 vaccination under the Provincial order including:
- Use of the Fitness Centre at Parkinson Recreation Centre
- Participation in indoor adult sport and leagues including volleyball, hockey and pickleball (ages 22+)
- Organized indoor events or programs with 50 people or more
- Indoor fitness or exercise programs
- Please note that under regional requirements, participation in high intensity fitness requires two vaccine doses. All other fitness and exercise classes require proof of a minimum of one dose of the vaccine until Oct. 24, after which time two doses will be required.
Public safety remains a top priority. We can all help prevent the spread of viruses, including COVID-19, and other infectious illnesses with just a few simple habits:
- get vaccinated
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands
- stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
- wear a mask in indoor public spaces
- maintain physical distance from others wherever possible and avoid large groups
We understand that registering for your desired program is important. We’re currently working to make improvements to ensure registration runs smoothly, especially during the week that registration opens each season. Many of our programs are in high demand which can create a high volume of web and phone traffic during registration week.
We evaluate registration each season and use your feedback to make improvements.
Some of the current improvements in progress include:
- Improving bandwidth and payment processing for online registration
- Maximizing the number of phone lines available and staff to assist on registration days
- Changing registration start time to 7 a.m. to better accommodate work and school schedules
- Staggering registration start dates for summer camps to better accommodate parents’ ability to plan ahead for summer and reduce demand on the system during registration days