Recreation refunds and credits
Note: for information about program withdrawals, credits and refunds during facility closures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our Recreation programs & registration Frequently Asked Questions page
You’re entitled to a full refund if the recreation program you’re registered in is cancelled, and you may be entitled to a refund or credit if you’re withdrawing from a recreation program or cancelling your membership.
View our Cancellations & credits, and Withdrawals & transfers sections below for more information. Here are a few important points to keep in mind:
- Your satisfaction is important to us. Should you be unsatisfied with a program or service we offer, a refund may be issued at the discretion of management.
- Should there be a discrepancy in price, the price listed in the City’s database will be considered final and applied. All prices in the guide and on the website are subject to change without notice.
- A refund or credit will be issued
- No refunds on used visit passes, personal training packages, skate or childminding punch cards and Access memberships
- Cancellations subject to a $5 cancellation fee
- Cancellations or extensions for medical reasons must be accompanied by a valid doctor’s note and must be requested within the year of purchase
- Should we cancel a program due to insufficient enrolment, a refund will be made in the form of a full refund, credit on account, or enrolment in another available program based on your preference
- Please allow three weeks for processing and mailing of a refund cheque
- Payments made by credit or debit card will be refunded back to the card
You may choose to leave your refund on your account as a credit to be used at a later date, but please be advised that credit balances on account are subject to Council Policy #330:
- Credits less than $50 will become the property of the City of Kelowna after one year of inactivity
- Credits greater than $50 will become the property of the City of Kelowna after three years of inactivity
Account Credits can be applied by phone or online during the payment process. Call 250-469-8800 to inquire about credit balances and how to apply credits to a new purchase.
All withdrawals & transfers are subject to a $5 withdrawal fee.
- Refunds will only be considered 24 hours prior to the first class
- After the first class start date, refunds or credits will be prorated from the date of request. Requests received less than 24 hours before a class will result in that class being considered attended.
- Program withdrawals for medical reasons must be accompanied by a valid doctor’s note and must be requested within the year of purchase
- No refunds or credits will be issued for missed classes including medical reasons
- Subject to a $5 withdrawal fee, per registrant, per program
- 48 hours notice is required to obtain a refund
- Refunds won’t be granted to registrants who don’t possess all prerequisites and present them on the first day of the course
- Refunds require approval of the Coordinator
- Please refer to the individual program information for details
- No refunds for team or individual player withdrawals once the schedule has been published
Includes community partner programs where the City is only providing registration services.
- Refunds requested 24 hours prior to first class are eligible for a full refund
- Refunds requested within 24 hours of the first class or later aren’t eligible through the City, but registrants can contact the respective organization regarding their refund policy