Plan an outdoor wedding
COVID-19 & Weddings - Update
As the Province begins to ease restrictions on activities, the reintroduction of weddings and events in our public spaces is carefully being considered. This is a complex task that will require a thoughtful, well-calculated approach based on provincial direction.
The current series of Provincial Health Officer recommendations are to be followed, including:
- No gatherings of 50 or more people is permitted
- Physical distancing of at least 2 metres is required
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Self-isolation for people who have symptoms of COVID-19 for a minimum of 10 day (or self-isolation for 14 days if returning to Canada from other countries)
Based on above factors and recommendations, the City's Event Services Team has developed 'Event Hosting Guidelines during COVID-19' to provide instructions for hosting events and weddings in our public spaces during this time. We have also created a more detailed 'COVID-19 Management Plan' to further assist organizers in more specific safety mitigation planning.
As well, please visit the BC Government Website for more information on the use of Marriage Commissioners during this time.
It is important to note that this is unchartered territory and these guidelines are subject to change and will evolve as we progress and are provided further provincial direction.
Plan an Outdoor Wedding
Kelowna’s natural landscape is the perfect backdrop for the big day. We have an abundance of beautiful park spaces and our Event Services Team is here to assist with booking that ideal location for your wedding ceremony.
Wedding ceremonies are booked starting February 14, for the current year only. Applications are accepted ahead of this date, but cannot be booked or confirmed until February 14. Applications received ahead of time will be looked at in chronological order, from earliest date of submission.
Bookings are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
Park bookings are for ceremonies only; receptions not permitted.
Weddings are not permitted on beaches.
Rental is for a 3-hour time frame only, including setup and takedown.
Breakdown of Cost:
- Non-refundable Wedding Fee (includes park rental and application fee): $150.00 (plus tax) payable at the time of booking to confirm the rental
- Damage deposit: $300.00 payable at the time booking, or one week prior to wedding date. This is refundable post-event, subject to no damages incurred
- Insurance is required and can be purchased at time of booking. Rates are based on number of attendees and generally ranges from $10.00 - $50.00
Please click on the park name for more information on location and amenities.
City Park - the Point
- Located in the northwest corner of City Park, the Point offers a high profile location with Okanagan Lake as the gorgeous backdrop
- Please note this is a high use park and should only be considered by those wanting a public, vibrant, busy location
- Maximum 200 people
- Located directly behind City Hall, these beautiful ornamental gardens provide a quiet, lush, botanical space for your smaller ceremony
- As per Council Policy #176, a marriage commissioner is required to make the application on the bride and groom's behalf and be responsible for the wedding party and guest onsite
- The park must remain open to the public during the ceremony
- Maximum 25 people
- Located in central Kelowna, this smaller park boasts large majestic trees and majestic lakeside viewpoints
- Maximum 40 people
- Located just north of downtown on Okanagan Lake, this premier park boasts sweeping downtown and valley views
- Knox Mountain can close at any time due to fire hazard conditions. Every effort will be made to relocate to another bookable park site otherwise a full refund will be issued
- Crown Lookout
- Located halfway up Knox Mountain Drive, this space offers stunning views of the downtown area and Okanagan Lake in the background
- Maximum 75 people
- Pioneer Pavilion
- Located at the top of Knox Mountain Park, this covered pavilion has a breathtaking panorama of the the Okanagan valley
- Maximum 75 people
- Located in the heart of downtown behind the Delta Grand Okanagan, this park offers two beautiful sites for any size wedding
- The park will remain open to the general public during ceremonies
- Perched on a small hill surrounded by the lagoon and lush park space, this location is ideal for smaller weddings
- Maximum 25 people
- Island Stage
- This larger site is in close proximity to the Pergola, and is also surrounded by the lagoon and rolling hills with gorgeous lakeside views. A stage area sits in the lagoon, facing the water and berm
- Ideal for larger weddings of up to 1000 people
Completed applications can be submitted to email@example.com. The Events Services Team will be in touch soon afterward to confirm receipt of application. During the high season (March through October) it can take up to one week to respond.
If you have any questions, please call 250-469-8423 and we will be happy to assist.
The City also offers a wide variety of indoor spaces ideal for your wedding and/or ceremony. Please visit Facility rentals for more information.