Plan an outdoor wedding
As of September 13th, Interior Health has updated the regional restrictions in the Central Okanagan.
Current guidelines for outdoor weddings are:
- With proof of vaccination (minimum one dose) until October 24, 2021, outdoor weddings can have a capacity of up to 100 people with social distancing measures in place.
- With proof of full vaccination (two doses), effective now, outdoor weddings can have a capacity of 5,000 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater).
A Communicable Disease Plan is required for all outdoor weddings and we have provided a Checklist to assist in planning.
Kelowna’s natural landscape is the perfect backdrop for the big day. We have an abundance of beautiful park spaces and our Event Services Office is here to assist with booking that ideal location for your wedding ceremony.
Wedding ceremonies are booked starting Feb. 14th, for the current year only. Applications are accepted ahead of this date, but can’t be booked or confirmed until Feb. 14th. Applications received ahead of time will be looked at in chronological order, from earliest date of submission.
- Bookings are taken on a first-come, first-served basis
- Park bookings are for ceremonies only; receptions not permitted
- Weddings are not permitted on beaches
- Rental is for a three-hour time frame only, including setup and takedown
Breakdown of cost:
- Non-refundable wedding fee (includes park rental and application fee): $150 (plus tax) payable at the time of booking to confirm the rental
- Damage deposit: $300 payable at the time booking, or one week prior to wedding date. This is refundable post-event, subject to no damages incurred
- Insurance is required and can be purchased at time of booking. Rates are based on number of attendees and generally ranges from $10 to $50
Please click on the park name for more information on location and amenities.
City Park - the Point
- Located in the northwest corner of City Park, the Point offers a high-profile location with Okanagan Lake as the gorgeous backdrop
- Please note this is a high-use park and should only be considered by those wanting a public, vibrant, busy location
- Maximum 200 people
- Located directly behind City Hall, these beautiful ornamental gardens provide a quiet, lush, botanical space for your smaller ceremony
- As per Council Policy #176, a marriage commissioner is required to make the application on the bride and groom's behalf and be responsible for the wedding party and guests onsite
- The park must remain open to the public during the ceremony
- Maximum 25 people
- Located in central Kelowna, this smaller park boasts large majestic trees and majestic lakeside viewpoints
- Maximum 40 people
- Located just north of downtown on Okanagan Lake, this premier park boasts sweeping downtown and valley views
- Knox Mountain can close at any time due to fire hazard conditions. Every effort will be made to relocate to another bookable park site, otherwise a full refund will be issued
- Crown Lookout
- Located halfway up Knox Mountain Drive, this space offers stunning views of the downtown area and Okanagan Lake in the background
- Maximum 30 people
- Pioneer Pavilion
- Located at the top of Knox Mountain Park, this covered pavilion has a breathtaking panorama of the Okanagan valley
- Maximum 30 people
- Located in the heart of downtown behind the Delta Grand Okanagan, this park offers two beautiful sites for any size wedding
- The park will remain open to the general public during ceremonies
- Perched on a small hill surrounded by the lagoon and lush park space, this location is ideal for smaller weddings
- Maximum 25 people
- Island Stage
- This larger site is in close proximity to the Pergola, and is also surrounded by the lagoon and rolling hills with gorgeous lakeside views. A stage area sits in the lagoon, facing the water and berm
- Ideal for larger weddings of up to 1,000 people