Parking details & rates
There are many parking options in Kelowna, depending on which area of the city you're parking in, whether you need accessible parking, or if you’re parking during an event. This page will help you familiarize yourself with the parking options in the city.
There are three major providers of parking in the city:
Parking by area
Downtown & South Pandosy business district
There are numerous types of parking spaces you can access when visiting the Downtown & South Pandosy business areas. There are on-street parking options to meet your short-term needs, and you can access off-street lots or parkades if you’re looking to park long-term (daily and monthly parking options are available).
|On-street parking (off-season)|
Downtown on-street rate zone map
|$1.25 - $1.50 per hour|
$2.50 - $3 (optional third hour)
|On-street parking (May 15-Sept 15)|
Downtown on-street rate zone map
|$1.25 - $1.75 per hour|
$3 - $3.50 (optional third hour)
|Short-term lots||$1.25 per hour|
|Long-term lots||$1 per hour|
$6 per day
$7 per event*
|Random monthly permits||$81.79 per month|
|Reserved parking||$150 per month|
Call 250-862-8585 to confirm monthly parking rates. Rates may change without notice.
* Signage will be displayed near lot entrances on days when event parking is in effect.
- On-street single space meters - coin only (Visa and MasterCard available at select meters and by using PayByPhone)
- Pay stations - coin, Visa, MasterCard or PayByPhone
There are three parkades in Kelowna - Library Parkade, Memorial Parkade and the Chapman Parkade – that provide short- and long-term parking options, along with event parking. Parkade rates apply from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday. There is no-charge parking after 5 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends/stat holidays - except during special events (signs will be displayed near the entrance when event parking is in effect). To view real-time availability, visit Find parking.
|Hourly rate||Daily rate||Special event rate||Clearance|
1360 Ellis Street
|$1||$6||$5||6'8" (approx. 2 metres)|
345 Lawrence Avenue
|$1||$6||$5||6'10.5" (approx. 2.1 metres)|
1420 Ellis Street
|$1||$6||$3||6'7" (approx. 2 metres)|
On weekdays between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., public parking is permitted only on Levels 1 & 2.
Pay parking is generally in effect Monday through Friday in the downtown and South Pandosy areas (hours may vary). There is no-charge for parking in the evening or on weekends and holidays (except during special events and the exceptions below).
- Water Street and Cook Road Boat Launch lots: Pay parking at all times.
- Waterfront lots (Waterfront Park, Queensway, City Park, Boyce Gyro Park, Rotary Beach Park): Pay parking from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. from Monday to Sunday between May 15th and September 15th.
- City Hall Parking Lot: Pay parking from 4 to 11 p.m. on weekdays and 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekends (no public parking 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays).
- Police Services Building Lot: Pay parking from 3 to 11 p.m. on weekdays and 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekends (no public parking 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays).
- Short-term off-street lots offer hourly parking only and may be subject to a time limit.
- Long-term off-street lots offer hourly, daily and monthly parking.
- Most lots offer unlimited in-and-out privileges, based on space availability.
- Non-reserved spaces in off-street lots are available to accessible permit holders at no charge.
- RV, oversized and bus parking is permitted on all metered lots; each occupied stall must be paid for.
- Overnight camping is not permitted in any City lot or parkade.
On-street pay parking is in effect Monday to Saturday in the Downtown area, and Monday to Friday in the South Pandosy area. There is no-charge for on-street parking on Sundays and holidays.
- Eco-pass permit: up to two hours (max) per day of no-charge on-street parking for qualifying vehicles (posted time limits apply).
- At “Pay & Display” Pay Stations, your ticket must be displayed face up on your windshield.
- At "Pay by Licence Plate" Pay Stations, you are not required to display a receipt on your dash.
- While valid, your paid parking session is transferable to any City off-street lot or other on-street parking of equal or lesser value. Posted time limits remain in effect.
- Time Limits (30-minute, one, two, three, four and eight hours) are in effect at various locations. You will be subject to an overtime parking offence notice if you exceed any posted time limit.
- For longer-term parking, park in a parkade or off-street lot.
- Parking is not permitted on any downtown street between 3 and 6 a.m. to allow for street cleaning and snow removal. Please park in a parkade or off-street lot if you may be leaving your vehicle overnight.
The following rates and restrictions apply to the Cook Road Boat Launch Lot:
- Maximum use of seven days within any 30-day period (based on plate number)
- Single vehicles are not permitted to use vehicle with trailer stalls in the summer season – violators may be ticketed or towed
- Detached trailers are not permitted on City property and may not be left in single vehicle stalls
|Summer season (May 15 to Sept. 15)|
|Single vehicles (in designated lot)||1 hour||$1|
|Single vehicle (in designated lot)||1 (calendar) day||$10|
|Vehicle with boat trailer attached||1 hour||$5|
|Vehicle with boat trailer attached||1 day (24 hours)||$25|
|Vehicle with boat trailer attached||2 days (48 hours)||$40|
|Off-season (Sept. 16 to May 14)|
|Single vehicle (in designated lot)||1 hour||$1|
|Single vehicle (in designated lot)||1 (calendar) day||$6|
|Vehicle with boat trailer attached||1 hour||$2|
|Vehicle with boat trailer attached||1 day (24 hours)||$12|
|Vehicle with boat trailer attached||2 days (48 hours)||$20|
The options for parking in residential areas depends on your situation. Some residents have access to a private driveway or a parking stall in the garage of a condo/apartment building, while others need to park on the street or in off-street lots. In the absence of a posted (shorter) time limit, you can park on any City street or facility/lot for up to 24 hours.
There are six residential zones in Kelowna that have timed parking restrictions (one- or two-hours maximum) for on-street parking. These zones are in areas that attract large numbers of visitors. Residential parking permits allow drivers to park their vehicle in timed zones for up to 24 hours at a time.
There are accessible parking stalls located throughout the city that allow people with a permanent or temporary mobility impairment (based on a physician’s recommendation) to park closer to their destination.
You must apply for an accessible parking permit to park in an accessible stall. A map of accessible stalls in the city is displayed below. To access other accessible resources in the community, check out People In Motion’s comprehensive Online Accessibility Guide for the Central Okanagan.
When an event is being hosted in Kelowna, special parking rates are offered at parkades and lots. You can view the rates for different parking locations below and also view which days event parking is being offered from month-to-month.
|Library Parkade||$5||See event details below|
|Memorial Parkade||$3||See event details below|
|Chapman Parkade||$5||See event details below|
|Waterfront Park Lot||$7||See event details below|
|Cawston & St. Paul Lot||$7||See event details below|
|Police Services Lot||$1||Weekdays: 3-11 p.m.|
|Weekends: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Water Street Boat Launch||$1.25||24 hours / 7 days a week|
|City Hall Parking Lot||$1||Weekdays: 4-11 p.m.|
|Weekends: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Library & Memorial||Chapman||Waterfront||Cawston & St. Paul|
|Library & Memorial||Chapman||Waterfront||Cawston & St Paul|
|TBD||5- 11 p.m.||✓||✗||✓||✓|
Transportation options such as accessing public transit, riding a bike or carpooling are great alternatives to parking. You can avoid looking for parking spaces and make a positive impact on the environment.
If three or more people at an organization purchase a monthly bus pass, you can sign up for the ProPass Program to have the cost of those passes reduced.
Bike lockers located in several locations within the Downtown and South Pandosy areas are available for monthly rental. For more information, contact Kelowna Parking at 250-862-8585.