We advise all cyclists to lock up their bikes properly. You can park your bike at bike racks located throughout the city – including all transit buses – and in bike lockers. Follow these helpful tips to keep your bike protected when it’s not in use.
We have installed secure bicycle rental lockers in the downtown core and Pandosy neighbourhoods to provide secure bicycle parking options. You can secure a locker for $12 per month - far cheaper than any vehicle parking pass - by contacting Kelowna Parking at 250-862-8585 or email@example.com.
Please confirm availability with Kelowna Parking. Some lockers may be unavailable during construction projects in the area.
- Downtown on Bernard Avenue by Abbott Street and by Richter Street
- Downtown on St. Paul Street north of Bernard Avenue
- Downtown on Ellis Street by Lawrence Avenue, Harvey Avenue and Cawston Avenue
- Inside the downtown Chapman Parkade on Lawrence Avenue by Water Street (12 fenced lockers)
- Inside the downtown Library Parkade on Ellis Street by Doyle Avenue
- South Pandosy Town Centre between KLO Road and Raymer Avenue
- Queensway Transit Station (downtown)
- Smith Avenue by Water Street (by the Provincial Court House)
- Cawston Avenue by Water Street (behind the Art Gallery)
You can lock up your bike for free at bike racks located throughout the city. Our Bike theft prevention page contains helpful information on the best type of bike lock to use and how you can effectively lock your bike.
Businesses interested in installing a bike rack of their own can view our brochure. We will cover 50 percent of the cost to purchase and install quality bike racks at qualifying businesses and organizations that attract visits from the public. If you're interested in installing a bike rack at your business or building, fill out the online application form.
Requests for public bike racks for placement on city properties or right-of-ways can also be made by contacting our Integrated Transportation Department.