Looking for a boat launch?
- Cedar Creek Park - 5200 Lakeshore Road. Please note, this boat launch is only suitable for launching small boats and parking is extremely limited.
- Cook Road Boat Launch - 500 Cook Road, beside the Eldorado Hotel (temporarily closed as of Apr. 30, 2019) - Update (May 6): the north lane has been re-opened.
- Water Street Boat Launch - 1354 Water Street
- Sutherland Bay Park Boat Launch - 700 Ellis Street (temporarily closed with anticipated re-opening May 2019)
Residents and visitors planning on boating on area lakes are reminded that debris from damaged docks including wood, screws, nails and other hazards may be hidden beneath the water due to spring flooding. Residents are urged to be cautious around the lakeshore.
Cook Road Boat Launch parking
- $5 flat rate per day (24 hrs) for vehicles with a boat trailer
- $1 per hour for single vehicles
The parking lot is open from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. seven days a week. Overnight parking is permitted. Parking permits can be purchased for up to seven days at a time at either of the parking meters on site.
Single vehicles are asked not to park in designated boat trailer spots; those doing so will be ticketed.
The Noise Control Bylaw regulates that no person shall operate a motor boat so as to cause noise which disturbs the peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort or convenience of the neighbourhood or of persons in the vicinity. Register a noise complaint online.