City rental properties
Rental property information
- City of Kelowna tenants may be required to make rental payments using the City's pre-authorized debit program.
- Utilities are not included in City of Kelowna rental properties.
- Upon signing of a rental agreement, a half month security deposit must be paid.
- The City of Kelowna's residential properties are to be used as single family dwellings. No other purpose or use is permitted.
- Residential properties are governed by the Residential Tenancy Act of British Columbia and/or any other applicable legislation.
- The City of Kelowna advertises in the local newspapers under the Houses for Rent section. The rental properties are advertised indicating the monthly rent. The City of Kelowna takes the highest acceptable bidder with references acceptable to the City. A minimum of two (2) rental references are required. Other than advising of the minimum acceptable rental bid amount, the City of Kelowna will not provide any direction on what other bids have been submitted.
- The City of Kelowna will arrange a viewing date and time for short-listed applicants. Once the successful applicant is selected and agrees to enter into a Residential Tenancy Agreement, there will be no other viewings of the premises.
- Some pets may be permitted and must be approved by the City of Kelowna prior to occupying the premises. A Pet Deposit will be required.
- The City of Kelowna does not permit subletting or home-based businesses.
- The City of Kelowna does not keep waiting lists.
- The City of Kelowna thanks all applicants for their interest. ONLY the short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Rental property applications
Applications can be obtained when there is an active listing through the link or during normal business hours at City Hall:
Real Estate Services
City Hall, 4th Floor
1435 Water Street
Kelowna, BC. V1Y 1J4
To stay updated on new or existing City of Kelowna owned rental properties, we offer quick and timely e-Updates delivered direct to your inbox. Head over to our e-Subscribe page .
We own property appropriate for commercial use. Commercial leasing opportunities are typically advertised publicly using the our approved realtor and the Multiple Listing Service. If you have any questions about current leasing opportunities, please contact us directly.