We review all liquor licence requests, including patio expansions and extensions to hours of operation.
- Review the Liquor Licensing Policy to ensure you meet the requirements.
- Application is submitted to the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch of the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, which in turn sends a summary to us. The applicant must then submit a City of Kelowna Liquor Licence Application Form to Planning and Corporate Services.
- The application is reviewed by various departments prior to staff preparing a recommendation for Council’s consideration.
- Public input is sought when the application is brought forward for consideration during a regular Council meeting. Meeting dates are well advertised in the newspaper and on our website.
- Once Council passes a resolution it is forwarded to the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch; provincial staff make the final decision.
Liquor licence applications requiring public meetings:
- New Liquor Primary Licence (100 persons or greater)
- New Liquor Primary Licence (less than 100 persons)
- Change to Existing Licence
For a current list of fees please visit our Development Applications Fee Bylaw No. 10560.
Have a question? Feel free to contact our Planning Department at 250-469-8626 or shoot us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.