Partnerships & sponsorships
The community vision reflected in Imagine Kelowna recognizes that the well-being of our city is a shared responsibility and everyone needs to do their part to seize opportunities for improvement. Partnerships and sponsorships which provide economic and social benefits, and use a balanced approach to mobilizing resources, are an effective way to meet community needs.
We have a long history of engaging in partnerships with businesses, non-profit and charitable organizations and service groups. Through these relationships, many cherished community programs, services, facilities and amenities were established and continue to thrive.
Partnerships can take many different forms but most partnerships include one or more of the following elements:
- Providing facilities, programs and services for the general public
- Access to/operation and maintenance of a City-owned asset (land and/or buildings)
- Administration of funding provided by the City
- Shared benefits, risks and responsibilities
The City has new sponsorship and advertising opportunities to enhance facilities, programs and services for residents. We are interested in developing marketing relationships with corporations that want to reach their employees and/or customers and value a balance between business objectives and corporate responsibility.
With a wide variety of inventory ranging from buildings and events to publications and public spaces, the City can customize sponsorships with a multi-faceted marketing approach to meet the unique needs of businesses.
These opportunities are a better way of serving the community by creating a new non-taxation revenue stream as well as strategic approaches that benefit the City.
High-level benefits include:
- Increased corporate visibility in the community;
- Reach customers or citizens in unique environments when they are receptive to messages;
- Create a point of differentiation in the Kelowna marketplace;
- Demonstrated commitment to employees by contributing to the community where they live, work and play;
- Demonstrated corporate values and commitment to making life better in Kelowna.
To learn more about the program, check out the Council-approved Corporate Sponsorship and Advertising Policy.
The City has the ability to customize marketing proposals to suit the business objectives of each corporate partner. Tell us what's important to you and we'll customize a program that responds to your unique needs and budget.