Creative Youth Application
The Creative Youth Program aims to provide a paid opportunity for local youth that are exploring a creative discipline and to contribute to the local creative sector. The successful artist will showcase a piece of their creative discipline monthly in the City of Kelowna’s Cultural Services e-newsletter. The Creative Youth Program is intended to tap into the skills and perspectives that young people bring to cultural organizations and the community as artists, decision makers and volunteers.
The program intends to:
- Provide paid opportunities for local youth to gain experience in their artistic discipline;
- Share the experience of youth in our local creative sector with our community; and
- Encourage youth to grow as artists in their home communities.
Eligible artists must:
- Be between the age of 15 and 21;
- Reside within the Regional District of Central Okanagan;
- Be pursuing an artistic discipline of any form;
- Be available for a 6-month commitment; and
- Be new to the program and have not participated previously.
The Creative Youth Program welcomes submissions from under-represented artists of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, persons with DiverseAbilities and those on low-incomes or living in poverty.
We are committed to ensuring equitable access to our submission process. Submitting artists are invited to contact email@example.com or 250-469-8650 with questions or comments.
For more information about the program guidelines, please visit our website.