Neighbourhood Event Eligibility
What are you planning to do? What activities do you have planned? Please be clear and concise.
Please be as detailed as possible. Include any other additional measures you will take to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
How will you reach people who are new to the neighbourhood or haven't been invovled before? How will you ensure the event is inclusive of all neighbours?
What difference do you hope your event will make in your neighbourhood?
Each approved applicant will receive the following support:
• Pre-Event Planning: support includes booking public spaces, inviting neighbours, neighbourhood building activities and more.
• On-Site Support: City staff provide 2-hrs of on-site help the day of your event plus time for set-up and take-down.
• Access to Equipment: access to equipment from the mobile event trailer. Equipment includes tables, chairs, tents, sound system and a variety of lawn games. Note: If you would only like lawn games and do not need access to the mobile event trailer equipment, you can book the Meet Your Street Kit for a $25 refundable deposit. Visit kelowna.ca/neighbourhoods and click on the Neighbourhood Events link to learn more.
• Access to Resources: resources such as nametags, conversation starter cards, and contact cards are available to help connect neighbours.
As part of the Neighbourhood Events program, we require that applicants:
• Submit the completed application form a minimum of 4 weeks before the event date.
• Coordinate at least 3 neighbours from different households to help with set-up and take-down.
• Complete and submit a road usage permit accompanied with a neighbourhood signature sheet for events requesting street use (if required).
• Meet with the Community Development Coordinator to review and sign a Letter of Agreement upon acceptance.