Site searching tips
If you are on this page, you might be having issues finding things on our site. And we'd like to help. Here are some tips to help you search and find things on kelowna.ca.
You can begin searching at any location throughout the site.
Search boxes are found on every page by clicking the magnifying glass found in the top right corner of the page:
- Click in the search box and type in a word (or two or more) that describe what you are looking for, e.g. property tax
- You’ll find that this produces a large number of results – use the filter options to the left to hone into what you are looking for, e.g. click on Service to take you to a related online service, or click on Information to take you to more information
- Click on the result you were looking for, e.g. Login to Property Tax eServices or Property tax FAQs
- If you have clicked through to a web page, you can click the back button on your browser to result to your search results, or start a new search from the search box on the page you are on
- If you clicked through to a service, you can close the new tab/window to return to kelowna.ca and your search results
- To turn off a filter, click on the x next to the filter term (located under the Search Results heading) or un-check the filter in the left-hand column
- To search for an exact phrase, contain the words in double quotation marks. i.e. “Parkinson Recreation Centre” – this will search for instances of Parkinson Recreation Centre, whereas, a search without quotations will find instances of all three words separately: “Parkinson,” “Recreation” and “Centre”
- To search for something, while excluding something else, such as Parkinson Recreation Centre, but not rentals, use a dash/minus, i.e. “Parkinson Recreation Centre” -rentals
- To search for multiple items or phrases, use AND, i.e. “Parkinson Recreation Centre” AND yoga
- To search for a word that starts with a root word, use an * wildcard, i.e. park* will search for words beginning with park such as park, parkade and parking