How to apply for a job with us
To apply or view postings, login to E-recruit.
Access our Quick Tips reference document for information on using the recruitment system.
To assist you with our process:
Apply before the closing date. Late applications are not accepted via e-mail.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for employment.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those short-listed will be contacted. We try to contact short-listed applicants within 3-4 weeks of the competition closing date.
Resumes & Other Documents
- Keep your resume to one or two pages.
- Ensure your contact information is up-to-date and accurate.
- List your recent jobs first and include employment dates.
- Be concise, specific and accurate.
- Include a cover letter highlighting any relevant work experience.
- If a Driver's Abstract is required, it must be no older than 30 days (these can be obtained free of charge from ICBC).
- If you do not possess a Driver's Licence you will have an opportunity to provide this information as part of your application.
- Provide copies of any relevant certifications.
- Be 15 minutes early - investigate parking the day before.
- Allow sufficient time for the interview.
- Make a list of your three most recent supervisory references and bring them with you.
- Be appropriately dressed. Don't use fragrances - the City is a scent-aware workplace.
- Candidates will be able to ask questions at the end of the interview.