The Cycling Coalition represents the interests of local cyclists and works to secure recognition in policy and programs affecting cycling.
All area cyclists are invited to join the Cycling Coalition which meets the first Thursday of every month.
For more information about the Cycling Coalition please contact the Regional TDM Technician. The Regional TDM Technician attends all Cycling Coalition meetings and acts as a liaison between the Cycling Coalition and the City/Region.
Goals and Objectives:
- To promote the use of the bicycle and ensure its recognition in legislation and policy
- To integrate cycling into the transportation network and secure public investments in on-road and off-road infrastructure proportionate to its potential
- To instigate a provincial role in promoting cycling consistent with its health, recreation, economic and environmental benefits
- To raise the profile of cycling with government and improve its image and status with the public
- To pursue cycling safety through education and example
- To promote co-operation, safety and respect among all road users
- To encourage more people to ride bicycles more often.