Black Box Theatre
This 1200 square foot, 125 person capacity, multi-purpose room is great for rehearsing, classes, meetings, private functions or even as a Black Box Theatre. As a Black Box Theatre it provides a space that is easily built and maintained, and is usually home to plays or other performances with very basic technical arrangements, such as limited sets, simple lighting effects, and an intimate focus on the story, writing, and performances rather than technical elements. The seating is typically composed of loose chairs on platforms, which can be easily moved or removed to allow the entire space to be adapted to the artistic elements of a production. It has two washrooms, as well as a bar area with a sink and refrigerator.
There is a very small backstage/dressing room area.
This room can be booked separately as studio space.
- Split main drape, two pairs of black leg drapes that can be positioned according to need.
- Flown NEC projector and screen.
- Allen & Heath "Mix Wizard" 16 x 6 x 2 audio mixer w/ built-in FX
- 16 x 4 channel snake
- DBX stereo EQ
- Flown Yamaha 300 3-way loudspeakers, with Yamaha P2150 power amp
- 1 Drawmer 2-channel compressor/limiter
- 24 x 1200w dimmer system ,
- House Hang includes 2 colour front and single top wash, 6-8 ellipsoidal specials, and House lights
- Colortran Encore 24/48 lighting board
- Stage risers are available when not in use by clients on the main stage
- Other equipment may be available for extra fee
Full occupancy for Black Box Theatre/Rehearsal Hall is 125 people.