Effective August 31, 2014
Fall Service Changes
The Kelowna Regional Transit System will see significant service enhancements on August 31, 2014 with improvements taking place region-wide from Peachland to Lake Country. Changes include implementation of new bus services, expansion of the Rapidbus route to the Westside and schedule and routing adjustments on select transit routes. These service enhancements are guided by the Transit Future Plan which lays out the goals for service improvements throughout the region.
A new #5 Gordon Drive bus route will connect downtown with the many Gordon Drive destinations, population and employment zones. The #8 University route will now directly serve Kelowna General Hospital. New #97 Rapidbus exchanges on Highway 97 will connect West Kelowna and Kelowna.
The new #5 Gordon Drive
- A new #5 Gordon Drive route will provide two-way service along Gordon Drive connecting downtown Kelowna, the downtown industrial area, Capri Centre Mall, Kelowna Secondary School, Okanagan College and the Mission Recreation Centre.
- This new #5 Gordon Drive route replaces the existing #8 University service operating southbound only on Gordon Drive (Springfield Road to KLO Road), and extends service both north along Gordon Drive to areas previously not served by transit.
- The #8 University route will provide direct two-way service to Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) via Springfield Road/Pandosy Street doubling the service to the hospital and directly connecting Rutland to KGH.
- The existing #8 University route providing one-way service along Ethel Street, Raymer Avenue and Gordon Drive will be removed to allow for this change.
- The #8 University route will now directly connect Okanagan College, South Pandosy Village, Kelowna General Hospital, Orchard Park Mall, Rutland and the University of British Columbia Okanagan (UBCO), while providing two-way service along Cadder Ave. between Ethel and Pandosy Street, an area previously unserved.
New #97 RapidBus Exchanges
- The new #97 Rapidbus exchanges will be implemented along Highway 97 between West Kelowna and Kelowna improving access to the entire Rapidbus network and reducing travel times.
- The #97 Rapidbus route will directly connect Westbank Centre, Butt Road, Boucherie Mountain, Hudson/Westlake Road, Westside Road, Richter Street, Gordon Drive, Parkinson Recreation Centre, Orchard Park Mall, Banks Road, McCurdy Road and UBCO.
For more information on these changes please visit http://www.bctransit.com/regions/kel/pdf/Kelowna_Regional_Fall_2014_Service_Summary_Proof2.pdf
For current routes and schedules, please visit BC Transit.