Request for service or enforcement
Use the services tab above to select and submit an online service request
In the City of Kelowna, responsibilities for parking related matters are divided between various departments:
- Kelowna Parking - Management of monthly parking permits, cleaning of parkades and parking lots and enforcement in pay parking areas.
- Parking Services - Requests for new parking restrictions (petitions), new signage and enforcement of time restricted areas.
- Bylaw Services - Enforcement of abandoned vehicles and all parking violations outside of pay, time restricted or institutional parking areas.
- Traffic Operations - Repair of existing parking related signage and requests for new parking restrictions related to sightline and traffic safety concerns.
When a complaint or concern is received, a service request will be initiated for tracking purposes. Please include your name, address, phone number, and a description of the issue. This information is confidential and will not be released to anyone without consent, or if required in a court of law or adjudication hearing. Anonymous complaints will not be accepted.
Service Requests are then classified according to the following priority system:
- Priority one: Health and safety
- Priority two: City liability
- Priority three: Nuisances
- Priority four: Nominal infractions
At his or her discretion, the assigned officer may:
- Issue a warning notice
- Issue a bylaw offence notice
- Issue a bylaw offence notice and tow a vehicle
- Take no enforcement action
The officer must be satisfied there is sufficient evidence to support a charge before an offence notice may be issued. If required, Parking Services may contact you to provide a statement or appear as a witness if the matter is disputed and proceeds to adjudication.