Slo-Pitch Softball Leagues
The City of Kelowna - Adult Sports & Leagues has come to the decision to cancel the spring Slo-Pitch season for the month of April. Credits for the cancelled April sessions will be place on team accounts.
While we remain hopeful a shortened version of the season may still be possible, our participants healthy and safety remains our top priority. We will again re-evaluate the current medical information available towards the end of April to determine if the season will be able to run at all.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
City of Kelowna - Adult Sports & Leagues
We are proud to offer one of Canada’s largest co-ed Slo-Pitch softball leagues with a variety of nights and levels to choose from each season. Teams have the choice of registering for spring, summer and fall leagues. Register as a team or an individual. All teams qualify for playoffs. There are thousands of dollars in prizes to be won each season!
2020 Registration Dates:
Spring sport league registration opens March 11 and closes March 31.
Slo-pitch priority registration (for returning spring teams) begins Wednesday, March 4 at Parkinson Recreation Centre (1800 Parkinson Way).
- 10 league games* + min. 1 playoff game. *shortened schedule for Fall
- Slo-Pitch National (SPN) rules apply. Found at slo-pitch.com.
- House rules (below) will supersede SPN rules when there is a discrepancy.
- SPN insurance is required and will be added to team's initial registration.
- Game times are 6:00pm, 7:45pm & 9:30pm nightly; 1:00pm & 2:45pm on Sunday afternoons.
- Games have a 1 hour and 45 minute time limit.
- Min. 4 females players and a max. of 40 players on roster.
- Teams must supply their own equipment: Bats, balls, gloves, bases (when applicable) & strike mat.
Cost: $445/team + SPN Insurance ($95/year)
3 Levels of Play Available:
- Competitive 'C' - for top level teams.
- Intermediate 'D' - for teams who have advanced beyond the recreational level.
- Beginner 'E' - for teams with minimal experience.
- Mission Recreation Softball Complex - priority given to 'C' & 'D' level
- East Kelowna Softball Complex – used for all levels
- Belgo Park – used for ‘E’ level (teams are required to supply bases)
- Open registration is in-person at Parkinson Recreation Centre, Sport Kelowna Office or by phone at 250-469-8800.
Spring 2020 registration opens March 11 and closes March 31.
- Advance registration (for returning spring teams) is in-person only by filling out and submitting the advance registration form at Parkinson Recreation Centre.
- Spring: April - June
- Summer: July - September
- Fall: September - October
- Spring: June 19-21
- Summer: Sept 25-27
- Fall: Oct 30-Nov 1
Team Captain (or Primary Contact) Information:
If you are the captain (or primary contact) for your team, please submit the Team Contact Waiver Form each season you are actively playing in to allow your information to be displayed online for other teams to contact you in the event of a cancellation and/or rescheduling.
Team captains are responsible for ensuring team members are upholding the Participant Code of Conduct outlined by the City of Kelowna.
League Standings page:
Check the weekly standings.
- Make sure your Roster submission has been recieved.
- Find additional messages regarding your league here.
- If you're unsure if fields will be closed due to weather, call the Sports Field Closure Hotline at 250-469-8503
extension 2. If the hotline does not have a closure notice after 3 p.m., the fields are playable.).
- Sign up for sports field e-mail alerts.
Sports Field Maintenance:
Watch this video to learn more about ball diamond care.