Participant Code of Conduct
The City of Kelowna’s Active Living & Cultural Services Department operates environments that are conducive to the health, safety and well-being of people attending its facilities and programs. Everyone at the City operated facilities has the right to be treated with courtesy and respect, and the obligation to behave in a manner that is respectful and courteous and does not disrupt the spirit of all participants, volunteers and staff or the operation of the facilities in any way. In general, behaviours must not discriminate, abuse, demoralize or otherwise negatively affect others or their enjoyment of the facility.
Engaging in behaviour contrary to the following expectations, particularly after being warned, may lead to an official banning from Active Living and Culture facilities as per the General Banning Policy. Expected behaviours include but are not limited to:
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Be polite and courteous using appropriate language
- Follow direction and/or instruction of staff and volunteers
- Use the equipment and facility in a safe and appropriate manner
- Shirts and shoes required unless participating in an activity that requires otherwise.
Non-acceptable behaviours include but are not limited to:
- Roller blades or cleats inside
- Photographing or filming without permission
- Rude behaviour
- Inappropriate language
- Bullying and/or teasing
The following activities are prohibited and anyone engaging in them will be banned from City recreation and cultural facilities:
- Sexual and verbal harassment
- Possession, consumption or distribution of alcoholic beverages unless authorized by a licensed event on site
- Possession or use of illegal substances
- Possession or use of weapons
- Sexual activity
- Public nudity
- Physical violence or threat of physical violence
- Any behaviour that endangers the safety of any individual or group
The City of Kelowna is responsible for the safe and proper operation of its facilities. Instructions and directions are to be followed at all times and individuals or groups that are non-compliant will be subject to facility banning and/or removal by the RCMP.