Recreation refunds and credits
Should there be a discrepancy in price, the price listed in the City’s database will be considered final and applied. All prices in the guide and on the website are subject to change without notice.
- A refund or credit will be issued
- No refunds on used 10 or 20 entry passes or Access passes
- Cancellations subject to a $5 cancellation fee
Cancellations or extensions for medical reasons must be accompanied by a valid doctor’s note and must be requested within the year of purchase.
- Should we cancel a program due to insufficient enrolment, a refund will be made in the form of a full refund, credit on account, or enrolment in another available program based on your preference
- Please allow three weeks for processing and mailing of a refund cheque
- Payments made by credit or debit card will be refunded back to the card
All withdrawals & transfers are subject to a $5 withdrawal fee.
- Refunds will only be considered 24 hours prior to first class
- After the first class start date, refunds or credits will be prorated from the date of request. Requests received less than 24 hours before a class will result in that class being considered attended
- Program withdrawals for medical reasons must be accompanied by a valid doctor’s note and must be requested within the year of purchase
- No refunds or credits will be issued for missed classes including medical reasons
- Subject to a $5 withdrawal fee, per registrant, per program
- 48 hours' notice is required to obtain a refund.
- Refunds will not be granted to registrants who do not possess all prerequisites and present them on the first day of the course.
- Refunds require approval of the Coordinator.
- Please refer to the individual program information for details.
- No refunds for team or individual player withdrawals once the schedule has been published.
Includes community partner programs where the City is only providing registration services.
- Refunds requested 24 hours prior to first class are eligible for a full refund.
- Refunds requested within 24 hours of the first class or later are not eligible through the City but registrants can contact the respective organization regarding their refund policy.
If you are on a wait-list and you receive a call that there is space available, a spot will be held for 24 hours only. On long weekends, this time will be extended until the first business day after the holiday.
Credits on Account
You may choose to leave your refund on your account as a credit to be used at a later date but please be advised that credit balances on account are subject to Council Policy #330:
- Credits less than $50 will become the property of the City of Kelowna after one year of inactivity
- Credits greater than $50 will become the property of the City of Kelowna after three years of inactivity
Credits can not be applied online, call 250-469-8800 to inquire about credit balances and apply credit to a new purchase.
Senior’s Discount & Rates
We offer a reduced rate on our general admission fees and passes as well as on registered and drop-in land and aquatic fitness classes for customers 65 years and older. Please let us know if you qualify for the discount or reduced rate prior to purchasing. Please note that a Pharmacare card or equivalent must be presented.
Your satisfaction is important to us. Should you be unsatisfied with a program or service we offer, a refund may be issued at the discretion of management.