To set up your online account, phone (250-469-8800) or email Active Living & Culture during business hours. We will require an email address which you will use to login, your full address, telephone number and names and birth dates of all members to be entered on the account.
If you believe you already have an account with City of Kelowna Active Living & Culture, visit the Forgot your Password page at rec.kelowna.ca and enter your email address to request a password reset link. If your email is associated with an existing account, you will be able to reset your password and won’t need to call in to set up an account.
If you receive an error message or are unsure if you have an existing account, contact Active Living & Culture staff at 250-469-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an account. Remember to include your name, address, email and telephone number.
If you recieved the following message: "There is an error with your account. Please contact us directly for further details."
It could be for one of the following reasons:
You are not an active pass holder at Parkinson Recreation Centre or a customer who registered in a spring or summer 2017 program
We did not have your email address on your previous client account
To set up your account, please contact Active Living & Culture staff at 250-469-8800 or email email@example.com. Please include your name, address, email and telephone number.
Once you are logged in, you can change some of your account information in the My Account dropdown, though there is a limit to what can be changed. Contact Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about changing locked account information.
Click on the Forgot Password link on the Login page. Enter your email address and click send. If you have an existing account, you will receive and email with further directions.
If you receive an error message, you may not have an existing account, or a valid email is not associated with your account. Contact Active Living & Culture staff at 250-469-8800 or email email@example.com.
You can register online for programs one of two ways:
1. Through the online registration portal:
- Visit kelowna.ca/recreation and click the button that says BROWSE PROGRAMS & REGISTER ONLINE.
- Once you’re in the online registration portal, you can login and browse programs.
- Use the search bar to search by keyword (i.e. Yoga, Pickleball, Kick & Run) or browse by category using the Browse Programs feature.
2. Through the online activity guide:
- Visit kelowna.ca/recreation and click on the image of the current Activity & Program Guide, this will launch the online version of the guide.
- Once you find a program you would like to join, click on the four or five-digit barcode listed alongside the program, this will take you directly to the online registration portal.
- If you haven’t logged in yet, you will need to login using the email linked to your account. If you have not yet set up a client account, follow the “setting up an online account” instructions at the top of this page, or call Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800.
- Once you’ve logged in, you should reach the program detail page. Click SELECT USER to enroll either yourself or a family member in the class. Click BOOK.
- This will take you to your Cart. At this point, you may continue shopping or check out.
- Once you have entered your credit card information, be sure to print a receipt for your records. Receipts for online registrations will not be mailed out by Active Living & Culture.
- After you have completed the above steps, select the Log-Out button near the top of the page. We recommend that you purposefully log out.
If a program of interest has already started, you should still be able to register online at a pro-rated rate. If you are unable to do so, the program may have been cancelled or already completed for the season. Please phone Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 for further assistance.
If you have a credit on your account, you can apply that credit by calling Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800. At this time, credits cannot be applied using online registration. See Refunds & Credits - Withdrawals & Transfers for more information.
The guide is available online on the programs & registration page. Hard copies are available at the following locations:
- Parkinson Recreation Centre
- Rutland Arena
- Main Downtown Library
- H2O Adventure & Fitness Centre
- Glenmore IGA
Plus many more locations across Kelowna!
Go to online registration and LOG IN. Once you have successfully signed in, click on your name. From the drop down menu, click on My Courses. The My Courses page will contain the names of all of your family members. Click on the family member to view current programs they are enrolled in.
Instructors are aware of the development needs of children and tailor specific classes to meet these needs. Allowing children that do not meet the requirements into programs could potentially cause distractions and lower the quality of the program for all participants. However, some exceptions may apply. Call Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 to see if your situation is applicable.
If you are registering for a family member who is within the age range for the course, you need to click SELECT USER. Once the correct family member is selected, the alert should disappear. The account holder is automatically selected as the default customer. If you accidentally register the wrong family member for the course, call Active Living and Culture at 250-469-8800 for assistance.
The class is not available for online registration at this time. There are several possible reasons for this:
- Online registration may not be available for this course (i.e. slo-pitch, private swim lessons). Call 250-469-8800 or visit Parkinson Recreation Centre to register.
- Registration may not yet have begun.
- The course may be full, have already started or have been cancelled. If the course has already started you must register by phone at 250-469-8800 or in person at the Parkinson Recreation Centre.
A Drop-In program is one that you may attend without pre-registering. It can be accessed by paying a drop-in fee just prior to the start of the class, if space is available.
Programs are dependent on instructor availability and program demand.
Some programs will not be available through this registration system because of complex registration procedures, and the need for additional information. These programs include some aquatic lessons, specialty programs, some sports leagues and other selected programs. If the BOOK button is not available, the course is restricted from online registration.
Some local sport programs are managed seperately from the City's recreation program. However, the City does offer some Sports Leagues throughout the year including slo-pitch, volleyball (indoor and beach), basketball (indoor and outdoor), netball and a variety of register and play sports such as indoor soccer and hockey! Individual and team sign up available for most City sports leagues.
Visit the Programs & Registration Page and click on the latest Activity & Program Guide for more details.
Our old registration system called Rec-Connect was in place for over 20 years. With evolving program offerings and pass types though Active Living & Culture, our programs and services outgrew the functionality of the registration system. The new software provides more flexibility and functionality moving forward to ensure ease-of-use for online registration.
The IntelliLeisure™ software was selected following a thorough procurement process for its ability to support current and future needs of Kelowna’s residents. The program provides more versatility, better navigation and seamless integration with the new kelowna.ca website. The new online registration software supports our efforts to ensure an active and inclusive city and is also adaptable to incorporate technological advancements in the future.
With the previous software, you needed a six-digit Client Account number and six-digit PIN to login. Simply more numbers to memorize. Luckily, this is no longer the case. Login is now simplified by using the email associated with your account to Log In. The new system is user friendly across digital platforms including tablets and mobile devices. Finding programs suitable for the whole family is easier than ever with simplified navigation using the browse programs function, plus even more added benefits coming soon!
While Rec-Connect no longer exists, customers who registered in a program from spring or summer 2017 (excluding team or corporate accounts) as well as current pass holders at Parkinson Recreation Centre had their account information transferred over.
If you believe your account has been carried over, visit the login page and click the Forgot your Password link. If your email is associated with an existing account, you will be able to reset your password and won’t need to call in to set up an account. If you receive an error message or are unsure if you have an existing account, contact Active Living & Culture staff at 250-469-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, email and telephone number.