Frequently asked questions
To use Rec-Connect, you can phone or email Active Living & Culture during business hours to obtain a Rec-Connect Client Barcode & Account PIN. We will require your full address, telephone number and names and birth dates of all members to be entered on the account.
Every member of your family will have a unique Client Barcode; however, there is only ONE Account Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your family account.
From the Rec-Connect home page click on the Login box. Click on the Forgot Password link. Enter your email address and click on Send. Your User Login information will be emailed to you.
Contact Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800.
You will be "locked out" of your account after 3 unsuccessful log-ins. Contact Active Living & Culture to unlock your account.
- Click on the Programs tab where you can browse for a program by barcode or by brochure category.
- Once you choose a program, click on the ADD key to place the course in your basket.
- Enter your Client Barcode and Account PIN in the designated areas. If you do not have these numbers, please call Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Select the client you wish to register for the program(s).
- At this point, you may continue shopping or check out. Checking out will take you to the My Account tab where you can verify your account balance and make your payment. Clicking Make a Payment will begin the payment process.
- Once you have entered your credit card information, be sure to print a receipt for your records. Receipts for online registrations will not be mailed out by Active Living & Culture.
- After you have completed the above steps, select the Log-Out button near the top of the page. We recommend that you purposefully log out.
See the Information on Refunds & Credits - Withdrawals & Transfers or contact Active Living & Culture directly at 250-469-8800.
The guide is available online on the programs & registration page. Hard copies are available at the following locations:
- Parkinson Recreation Centre
- Rutland Arena
- Main Downtown Library
- H2 O Adventure & Fitness Centre
- Glenmore IGA
Go to the Programs tab on Rec-Connect and either:
- Enter a Course Barcode or;
- Search by guide section
All programs being offered will be displayed with a brief description.
There is also a search program option at the bottom of the programs & registration page.
Click on My Account (Log-In) tab and sign in. Once you have successfully signed in, the My Account page will contain the names of all of your family members. Click on the family member to view current registration and history of account.
Instructors are aware of the development needs of children and tailor specific classes to meet these needs. Allowing children that do not meet the requirements into programs could potentially cause distractions and lower the quality of the program for all participants. However, some exceptions may apply. Call Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 to see if your situation is applicable.
If a program of interest has already commenced, Rec-Connect registration is no longer available. Please phone Active Living & Culture at 250-469-8800 for further assistance.
If you do not want to use a credit card, you may drop into Active Living & Culture in advance of registering online to put a credit on your account. The credit will automatically be applied to the balance due for online registration. Please note: this does not guarantee a spot.
The class is not available for online registration at this time. There are several possible reasons for this:
- Registration may not be required.
- Registration may not yet have begun.
- The course may be full, have already started or have been cancelled.
- If the course has already started you must register by phone at 250-469-8800 or in person at the Parkinson Recreation Centre.
A Drop-In program is one that you may attend without pre-registering. It can be accessed by paying a drop-in fee just prior to the start of the class, if space is available.
Programs are dependent on instructor availability and program demand.
Some programs will not be available through this registration system because of complex registration procedures, and the need for additional information. These programs include some aquatic lessons, specialties programs and other selected programs. If the Add button is not available, the course is restricted from online registration.