The Neighbourhood Events program will help you take your idea for a neighbourhood event to the next level! Plan and implement your neighbourhood event with the support of our Neighbourhood Development Coordinators.
Applications & deadlines
Our Neighbourhood Development Coordinators can help support your event annually from April to September.
Why plan a neighbourhood event?
- Get to know who is in your neighbourhood
- Encourage neighbourliness and have fun with your neighbours
- Neighbourhood gatherings provide opportunities for neighbours to meet and strengthen existing relationships
- Increasing the number of neighbourhood events in your community creates more opportunities for people to connect
Some examples of neighbourhood events:
- Block party, neighbourhood picnic, themed gatherings
- Neighbourhood park/stream clean-up, neighbourhood spruce-up
- Free-cycling days
- Seed exchange
- Porch concert, sidewalk chalk mural, art jam