Parkinson Recreation Centre doors reopen to non-members
Starting today, the front doors at Parkinson Recreation Centre (PRC) have reopened as facility reopening plans shift to Phase 4, allowing for the return of drop-in pool, gymnasium and fitness centre use, as well as access for 10- and 20-visit punch pass holders, with limitations.
“We’re pleased to be able to shift to the next phase of our reopening plans. Until now, we’ve only been able to welcome facility members and registered program participants into the facility,” said Mariko Siggers, Community & Neighbourhood Services Manager. “PRC is a complex multi-use facility, so reopening plans needed to be thoughtful and paced appropriately to ensure we have the right tools and safety measures in place to be able to offer drop-in options.”
Strict maximum capacities are in place for all facilities and programs and pre-booking your time at PRC is strongly recommended. Drop-ins will only be permitted if space allows and even drop-in users will need to create a recreation account (either in advance or on site) to allow for contract tracing.
A greeter will welcome all facility users and ensure that everyone entering the building is doing so with intention (using the fitness centre, pool, gymnasium or attending a program). Facility users are asked to make their way through common areas quickly, to avoid congestion and ensure social distancing. Greeters will:
- Educate users on any new safety measures or protocols that may be specific to their activity or space
- Encourage the use of sanitizer and physical distancing
- Confirm that everyone entering the facility has read the PRC Facility Guidelines before entering
- Ensure the booking process has been followed and capacities are maintained
- Ensure facility users have completed a self-assessment indicating no symptoms prior to entering the facility
New users can create an account by calling 250-469-8800 or by emailing email@example.com. Pre-booking online is recommended as drop-ins will only be permitted if space allows. Drop-in users can also book in advance online once an account is set up.
PRC Fitness Centre
The PRC Fitness Centre is currently open:
- Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The Fitness Centre will be closed for enhanced cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m.
One-hour time slots can be booked online or by phone at 250-469-8800.
PRC Aquatics Centre
The PRC pool area is currently open:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- The pool area will be closed for enhanced cleaning daily from 10-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m.
Forty-five-minute timeslots can be booked online or by phone at 250-469-8800.
The hot tub and steam room remain closed at this time. Swim lessons are expected to progressively return throughout the course of the season but are currently unavailable.
Drop-in basketball in the gymnasium at PRC also resumes this week. View the schedule in the Fall 2020 Activity & Program Guide and book your time slot online or by phone at 250-469-8800.
Subscribe to Active Living e-updates to ensure you don’t miss the latest updates about returning recreation programs and facility reopening plans. To learn more about Parkinson Recreation Centre, visit kelowna.ca/PRC.