Nominate today: 44th Annual Civic and Community Awards
The nomination period is officially open for the 44th Annual Civic and Community Awards. The annual awards recognize outstanding individuals, groups and organizations whose contributions and achievements benefited the city in 2018.
“The opening of the nomination period is an exciting time for us as we learn about the often silent heroes in our community,” said Mariko Siggers, Community and Neighbourhood Services Manager. “Each year we’re amazed by the contributions of volunteers, artists, athletes and organizations in our community.”
Nominations are due Friday, February 8, 2019 and can be submitted online, by email or hard copy. Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic & Community Awards webpage at kelowna.ca/our-community under News and Events. Hard copy forms are available at City Hall, Parkinson Recreation Centre and Okanagan Regional Library Kelowna branch locations.
“New this year, all of our nominators and nominees will be entered into a draw as a thank you for either taking the time to complete the nomination form or for their contributions to our city,” said Siggers.
Nomination categories include:
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
- Corporate Community of the Year (small and medium/large businesses)
- Central Okanagan Foundation Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Honour in the Arts
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial Award – Woman of the Year
- Fred Macklin Memorial Award – Man of the Year
- Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
The Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year finalists will receive funding towards their post-secondary education through the Dillon Thomas Budd Youth Scholarship, sponsored by the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation.
This year’s finalists will be celebrated at the Awards night on Wednesday April 24, 2019 at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets will go on sale in March 2019.
For more information about the awards and previous finalists and recipients, please visit kelowna.ca/our-community.