Deadline extended for Civic Award nominations
Those hoping to nominate deserving individuals and businesses for a Civic & Community Award will have a few extra days to do so. The nomination deadline for the City of Kelowna’s 42nd annual Civic and Community Awards has been extended to Tuesday, Feb. 21.
"With the awards ceremony taking place a bit later than previous years, we are able to accommodate an extension to ensure that deserving individuals are able to be recognized," says Amber Gilbert, Recreation Technician.
The awards recognize outstanding individuals, businesses and organizations whose contributions and achievements benefited the city in 2016. Nominations can be submitted online, by email or hard copy. Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic and Community Awards webpage under Residents on the City’s website. Hard copy forms are available at City Hall and Parkinson Recreation Centre.
Nomination categories include:
- Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial Award – Woman of the Year
- Fred Macklin Memorial Award – Man of the Year
- Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
- Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
- Central Okanagan Foundation - Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
- Honour in the Arts
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
The public is invited to celebrate with the finalists and recipients at the awards gala coming up on May 10, 2017 at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets will go on sale starting March 20.
For more information about submitting a Civic Award nomination, visit kelowna.ca under Our Community.