Civic Award nomination deadline fast approaching
Everyone knows somebody extraordinary – and now’s the time to celebrate them. Help recognize the contributions of outstanding organizations and individuals in the community by submitting a nomination for a Civic & Community Award. The nomination deadline is Friday, Feb. 14.
For 45 years, the Civic Awards have recognized the talent, dedication and generosity of the residents and youth who have contributed to making Kelowna a better place to live. “This opportunity only comes once a year so it’s important to reflect on those who contributed to our community in a positive way in 2019, whether it’s through arts, athletics, environmental initiatives, volunteerism, social services or community outreach. Help us celebrate the amazing contributors that enhance the vibrancy of Kelowna!” said Civic Award Liaison, Melina Moran.
The Young Citizen of the Year Award finalists will also receive a scholarship. The Dillon Thomas Budd and Payton Leigh Budd Youth Scholarship awards funding towards post-secondary goals to all three finalists. The recipient of this award will receive $2,000 and the remaining finalists will receive $1,000.
The recipient for Teen Honour in the Arts will also receive a $500 entrance scholarship to UBC Okanagan, sponsored by the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies.
Nomination categories include:
- Central Okanagan Foundation – Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Champion for the Environment Award
- Corporate Community of the Year
- Fred Macklin and Sarah Donalda-Treadgold Memorial – Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Honour in the Arts and Teen Honour in the Arts
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic & Community Awards page at kelowna.ca/civicawards. Completed forms can be dropped off at City Hall or Parkinson Recreation Centre or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit kelowna.ca/civicawards.